• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

exercise supine and fever

so since i dont wanna bothering by making multiple threads i think i combine 2 topics at once. :confused:

i was wondering if people with dysautonomia/POTS/OI supposed to have no tachycardia/palpitation when exercise/do activity/exertion supine?
maybe like lifting themself or something heavy. or push-up/sit-up.

i noticed i often get fever(or maybe slightly)/raising temperature with unknown cause for some days when i get sick/about to get sick. or maybe its the other way around. because the fever thats making it worse. (still clueless)
by sick i mean like palpitation tachycardia, flu like symptoms, muscle ache, tired/fatique, etc.
i wonder if its a sign or if people here also experience it.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
My temperature is usually slightly below normal unless I am feeling worse and then it goes up to slightly above normal.

Also when I'm feeling off other things happen to me. My teeth throb, and I get nerve pain in my left wrist and elbow. Crazy

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
Hi K

http://www.potsuk.org/
Perhaps this link might help.

What you are experiencing is not new or unusual to this community.

I once had a sore throat that went on for over a year without being sick from an acute virus.

With this illness symptoms will come and go and change over time.

I think the idea of getting genetic testing and pooling our results (as Valentijn is doing) is a good one. I hope to do this in the new year despite my concern for privacy issues.

While it can be helpful to treat various symptoms it will be better when we have an understanding of the core factors causing this disease and addressing those.

ukxmrv

I can't speak for people who "only" have POTS or OI and do supine exercises as I have ME and POTS so the exercise causes Post Exertional Malaise symptoms regardless. It is the exercise that causes this and not the position in my case (and I have tried lots of different things).

We did have a long thread on the syndrome called "EDS" and one of the posters there said she is able to exercise in cold conditions (like a gym with a good aircon) and/or in a prone position but this may have something to do with the different diagnosis or criteria or a subgroup.

Other patients report different reactions to exercise , such as exercising under a particular heart rate and as CFS is a wide diagnosis covering lots of different criteria, it's not unusual for some patients to report different symptoms.

When I get PEM after exercise it's normal for that to include sore throats, glands although my body temperature can raise it can also fall in the short tem. There are other threads on this forum discussing body temperature and many CFS report a sub-37 degree one on a day to day basis only rising in certain circumstances.

Hope that helps. It's a big topic and I've probably not done it justice.