Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Exercise induces leaky gut and immune reactions! PEM explained??

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by natasa778, Jun 16, 2015.

1. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

Interesting!

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/06/150616093646.htm

Yes they talk about extreme exercise but what if in ME the bar is just so much lower for this effect to take place (ie endotoxin leak through gut lining into bloodsteam following less than extreme strain) AND/OR the subsequent calming down of the immune system does not take place as it should ... and voila PEM?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  2. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

The study (abstract) itself, even more interesting considering IL-8 also correlated

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/06/150616093646.htm

catly, Simon and Keela Too like this.
  3. Keela Too

Keela Too Sally Burch

N.Ireland
    Fascinating! And potentially a very useful avenue of exploration for ME... I wonder....

4. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    I'd been very slow to recover from a viral infection, labeling myself chronically fatigued. 3.5 years later, traveling in Europe during the 2003 heat wave, my body collapsed into ME.

5. jimells

jimells Senior Member

northern Maine
    Wow. Talk about insane...

6. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

Are there statistics that show extreme exercise has ever induced a case of blood poisoning or are the authors suggesting that the same blood changes occur as sepsis? I have no idea or even if they are saying something completely different.

I think the big question is if this can be extrapolated to a more sedentary population as well as me/cfs.

The study also says possible link which is not the same as cause and effect.

Indeed interesting.

Barb

catly, Simon and Keela Too like this.

See more popular forum discussions.