1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Phoenix Rising Adds Two New Board Members
Mark Berry introduces the new President of Phoenix Rising, Dr. Gary Solomon, and welcomes Professor Jonathan Edwards to the Phoenix Rising Board of Directors.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Exercise and Immunity

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Jerry S, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Jerry S

Jerry S Senior Member

Chicago
    From the New York Times: Phys Ed: Does Exercise Boost Immunity?

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/14/phys-ed-does-exercise-boost-immunity/

I thought this part was interesting.

If in ME/CFS the immune system is shifted towards TH2, might this explain some of the negative effects of exercise or a GET program on patients?

My brain is mush right now. I'd be interested in what others think.
  2. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    The NYTimes does it again. That is a great article and it fits. Both the Pacific Fatigue Lab and Dr. light have shown that our bodies do strange things in the exercise; specifically even mild exercise in ME/CFS has effects like really really really really strenuous exercise in healthy people. If our immune systems before exercise are already Th2 dominant then think what they are after exercise.

Great article - its gotten buried by the XMRV views - but I really enjoyed it. Thanks. :cool:

See more popular forum discussions.