• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Examination of Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms in Acetylcholine Receptors in Chronic Fatigue Syndrom

Jenny TipsforME

To do with this thread http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/temporary-paralysis-i-need-your-insights.44812/ I've been looking at Acetycholine stuff today.

I have hetero/homo for all the available info SNPs from 23andme. Brain not up to working out how likely this is in general population. Here are mine:

upload_2016-6-21_16-28-58.png

anciendaze

I want to point out that a correlation with particular genes having variants found in some patients could also tell us something about patients who do not have those variants. Autoantibodies can cripple a particular function as effectively as genetics. As I recall we are now looking at genes for some of the same molecules for which Carmen Scheibenbogen's group found correlations with autoantibodies.