• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Everytime I eat I get Hungry in 30mins to an 1.5 hours

panckage

Very mild IBS symptoms compared to before....very mild. Frequency of going to the bathroom has increased and so has the feeling of hunger.
OK i guess it must be different than me because eliminating my IBS symptoms eliminated my constant hunger. One of the strangest things I would experience is if I would eat right before bed i would wake up STARVING but if I didn't eat before bed I wouldnt wake up hungry. Doctors were clueless about this lol

Justin30

OK i guess it must be different than me because eliminating my IBS symptoms eliminated my constant hunger. One of the strangest things I would experience is if I would eat right before bed i would wake up STARVING but if I didn't eat before bed I wouldnt wake up hungry. Doctors were clueless about this lol

Do you have POTS.

I eat before bed and its weird I am not hungry but I know I need food.

Think I should test for anemia next time...

How would you test for malabsorption

Grigor

Hmm very interesting.

When I eat high fat I can last for 3 hours. But low fat 1 1/2. But after a 3/4 I start to get hungry already.

How do you react to chromium? It used to work really well. But now I totally crash from it. No idea why.

Justin30

Lol.....i guess so.

I have had full stool analysis dybiosis and leaky gut.....but since IO new hunger problem.

I have really up'ed my salt intake I wonder if that could make a difference?

Justin30

Hmm very interesting.

When I eat high fat I can last for 3 hours. But low fat 1 1/2. But after a 3/4 I start to get hungry already.

How do you react to chromium? It used to work really well. But now I totally crash from it. No idea why.

I only take small amounts in my multivitamin. What effect has that had for you in the past?

You and I have similar hunger patterns.

I was thinking the only thing that has really changed is my salt and potassium intake as well as Florinef.

Grigor

Well chromium should help with the hunger. On I insuline and leptine.
But now when I take it I crash really hard. So can't take it anymore. Pretty sad about it lol.

Does the Florinef help with the hunger part?? Cause when wearing support stockings I sometimes feel I'm a bit less hungry. But might imagine it

Justin30

Interesting......Chromium for leptin and hunger. I would be too......

I may have to get some testing done to see where my deficiencies are.

I am not up too the full dose yet. I another .0075 to go then I'll be there.

Since starting I am more hungry and going to the bathroom more.

I tried digestive enzymes and and betain HCL. And determined the DE were really not good for my gut.....went to hospital over that little experiment.

Justin30

I want to do some Rifaxamin to maybe rid me of the SIBO demons that cause the malabsorprion in the first place....

Grigor

Hmm. Yeah try it if you can tolerate it. Gut is very tricky for me as well. Think I could improve a lot as well. But don't tolerate meds in general