• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Every times energy improves it comes with severe anxiety.....what do I do?

Seven7

Seven
Yes I have monitored HR, it does not seem to correlate with these symptoms, but what does is a POUNDING heart -it can be fast or slow... But it feels like it's going to burst out of my chest. I don't know how to monitor this as the pounding doesn't seem related to a high or low HR - do you have any thoughts in this?
The only thing that occurs to me is that Blood pressure used to go high for me and I do feel short of breath. Keep in mind I run low BP so when I hit 130bpm I am symptomatic which means I am crashing.

Some plp get symptomatic without corresponding HR or BP to be honest I am one of the lucky ones that I can show something for my symptoms (so doctors can see when I say I feel bad). But I am probably in the minority. Just read your singnals what others consider normal is not normal for us, if you read yourself enough you will find the patterns.

Richard7

I don't know if this helps, but for me a pounding heart seems to be associated with low potassium/sodium (I take them both together so I have not seperated them out).

I have just gone through/ am going through a similar experience. I had a low for about two months where I could not get out of the house for two or three days at a time, and have now just had a few days on which I have been awake, alert and able to do amazing amounts of stuff.

Well amazing from the perspective of last week. Walked 2km, shopped, washed 2 loads of dishes and cooked 2 x 5 meals. No PEM today.

But I have been sleeping oddly, waking up a lot with ideas from dreams floating around in my head etc, heart palpitations and higher anxiety. Anyway this extra energy is a buzz and it seems to be accompanied by a big increase in my need for potassium and or sodium.

In the low period I had normal or near normal pH for my urine 6.75 on average. Since getting the energy this has dropped to 5 or a bit over 5, and I understand that one possible cause for lower pH is the kidneys holding onto sodium and potassium.

I wonder if this is realated to the increased need for potassium that RichVanK and others talked about re the various methylation protocols. If the increase in energy is associated with processes that put a greater demand on potassium resources - already low in those with CFS/ME - that would seem to make sense.

Hope this helps.

Violeta

Arggghh so I have made many posts before regarding my anxiety, it was much better for a few months- but my energy tanked.

Past week my energy has slowly picked up but once again I'm dealing with severe anxiety!!!!

I have not started anything new, or changed my diet, I'm still on yanks protocol though.

I feel so freakin wired, my mind won't stop spinning, I can't sleep, and it's just bad.

I have taken a Xanax, and nada. What do I do?

Why does this keep happening? It's as if my body or nervous system can't tolerate energy! Am I missing some kind of nutrient or something that's required to support energy? Feeling very frustrated....

I have that problem, too. Because I have been looking at my issues from a metals standpoint for the past year, I have this opinion, but it might not be correct, just my perspective as of today.

I haven't been tested for quite some time, but still have low zinc:copper ratio. Maybe the copper that I do have in my body isn't being used correctly, I don't know, but I have found that cutting back on copper foods makes me feel better.

But then I add in dairy for protein, most specifically kefir or raw milk, and it slows down my metabolism. I don't feel wired but extremely tired. (and I gain fat inches on my arms and waist)

When I cut out the dairy, my body proportions improve, my energy levels improve, I can eat more calories and still lose weight, but I go through extreme phases of anxiety. I found that eating ice cream from a local organic dairy would make the anxiety subside. And also brought on some fatigue.

So my conclusions so far are that when my metabolism increases my body starts to dump toxic copper which causes anxiety. The ice cream contains just enough calcium to either neutralize the copper or maybe slow down my metabolism. But I think it might be counterproductive, so I am trying other things to reduce the anxiety. Dream Release from MegaFoods works very well, and when I feel like that and take it during the day it doesn't make me tired, just removes the wired feeling.

Vitamin B2 also helps removed the wired part of the tired but wired feeling. Oh, wait, maybe that's why the dairy helps, it's a good source of B2. B2 helps with iron (and copper) mobilization and correct usage.