• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ever heard of troubling gut symptoms like these?

Ayaju

In the span of four days I've gone from having 10 bouts of diarrhea in one afternoon/evening, to normal dark poop, to constipation and pellet poop, and now very pale poop on the fourth day. I've also been severely bloated the entire time, as well as queasy and crampy. I feel really sick and awful!

My diet is healthy; the usual.

No new supps and I don't take meds.

I started B12 shots once a week three weeks ago, so how could it be from that when this just started.

I don't have a doctor that I trust. Been looking for one for over 16 years since first stricken with CFS. But I'll have to go see the last doctor I saw to seek help for whatever this is, if needed.

Any clue as to what the what is wrong with my gut? Aw, that rhymes.

Thank you, Judy

taniaaust1

I suggest to give it at least couple of weeks and document it on a daily bases seeing its changing so much, before you go and see the doctor otherwise they probably wont give it much attention if you go earlier.

You may of developed IBS, a large percent of us end up with IBS with the ME. There are three forms of, constipation dominant, diarrhea (i can never spell that) dominant, and thirdly the kind which does both and swings both ways.

Ayaju

Thank you! Cuz I really hate going to the doctor. Maybe if I ever find one I like and who believes in CFS...

Right after I posted, diarrhea hit with a vengeance again! Wondering if it was the cheese I ate for lunch. Wondering if I need to give it up entirely. I've already cut way back. But the worst I ever get from consuming dairy is gas.

I sure hope it's not IBS. I've heard how horrible it is, and feel for the peeps who suffer with it.

I hope you are doing well, @TigerLilea and @taniaaust1

Judy

Yeah, could be IBS, or perhaps you have just developed a new food sensitivity (huzzah!)

Hopefully it's just a transient illness, though.