Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Even the common cold...

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Skippa, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Skippa

Skippa Anti-BS

BurnA likes this.
  2. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

Well ... yes, stress kills :)... sometimes. Other times it simply makes things worse.
    Is it a big news?

Lo and behold one of my worst crashes happened during a period of major stress, and the already bad health was feeding more stress in a lovely downward spiral. Now I have been 5 years stress free and the magic healing hasn't happened anyways. So... it's not all about stress, is it?

I have no problem with the concept that stress can worsen one's condition or ability to deal with an illness. Typically when you're seriously ill (even just a bad flu) your priorities change, you give yourself enough time to rest and avoid further strain and finally recover...

Am I missing the point of the article? Or is the article just stating the obvious?

3. Skippa

Skippa Anti-BS

Dunno, I just didn't expect to see the "mind/body" link in an article about recovering from a cold.

sarah darwins likes this.
  4. Mij

Mij Senior Member

hand washing frequently is very effective.

dancer likes this.
  5. Gijs

Gijs Senior Member

How do they meassure stress and the effect to an infection like a cold in people? Are there 2 groups in the study? I don't think so. I have never seen any scientific objective proof in patiënts with a cold that stress making them worse. It is new age pseudoscience.

sarah darwins likes this.
  6. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

Because there is no such thing as scientific proof. There is only evidence pro or against a certain theory.

Maybe not.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1361287/

See more popular forum discussions.