Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

European Medicines Agency to review safety of HPV vaccine

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by charles shepherd, Jul 13, 2015.

1. charles shepherd

charles shepherd Senior Member

The EMA is going to carry out a review of the possible link between HPV vaccine and postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome and complex regional pain syndrome.

More details in the BBC news report:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-33504211

Valentijn, SilverbladeTE and halcyon like this.
  2. charles shepherd

charles shepherd Senior Member

A report from the MHRA (= UK Medicines and Health Products Regulatory Authority) has dismissed any link between HPV vaccine and ME/CFS. However, I am aware of a number of people who clearly link the onset of their ME/CFS to this vaccine and (as we inserted into the CMO Working Group Report on ME/CFS) vaccinations (which basically mimic the action of infections on the immune system) do occasionally act as trigger factors in the onset of ME/CFS.

MHRA report:http://www.mhra.gov.uk/.../websiteresources/con096797.pdf

Valentijn and ahmo like this.
  3. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Hibernating

South Australia
    How can they dismiss the link when there is no epidemiological evidence of sufficient quality to judge either way? (eg studies with sample sizes large enough to have a statistically valid Beta value)

4. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    Ah, the MHRA, such a reliable group...Seroxat....ah huh.

See more popular forum discussions.