1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
In Brief: The Adrenal Glands and ME
The second in a new series of ‘In Brief’ articles, where Andrew Gladman provides a helpful insight into the science behind fairly common topics, exploring how they relate to ME/CFS. This time he discusses the adrenal glands and why they can be such a talking point ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

European Medicines Agency to push ahead in '14 towards publication and access to clinical trial data

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Dolphin, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

http://www.ema.europa.eu/ema/index....news_detail_001991.jsp&mid=WC0b01ac058004d5c1

European Medicines Agency to push ahead in 2014 towards publication and access to clinical trial data
    http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/Press_release/2013/12/WC500158390.pdf
    MeSci, Valentijn and Simon like this.
  2. Simon

Simon

Monmouth, UK
    A few highlights for me:

European Medicines Agency to push ahead in 2014 towards publication and access to clinical trial data

The principles also foresee the introduction of preliminary steps prior to data access designed to address the risk of possible unfair commercial use of data while ensuring proactive and non-selective access (‘use control’ not ‘access control’).

The Agency reiterates its firm commitment to pursuing the objective of full transparency regarding clinical trial data. ...

...The Agency has embarked on developing its plans for the proactive publication and access to clinical-trial data because it believes that the release of data is about establishing trust and confidence. The Agency is also firmly of the opinion that wider availability of data broadens the scientific knowledge base, fosters innovation and encourages investment in the development of medicines and ultimately benefits public health.

I'm trying really hard here not to contrast the European Agency's approach to data sharing and PACE's, but have failed.
    Valentijn, aimossy and Dolphin like this.

See more popular forum discussions.