1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

European corroberation of US study.

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by hoverfly, Sep 8, 2010.

1. hoverfly

hoverfly

Originally posted by Oliver.

Discovered: a new virus could cause CFS/ME.
    MAGAZINE - SCIENCES AND HEALTH

This European study claims to replicate the results of the American study
    and was due to be presented to the US conference today.

http://www.rtlinfo.be/info/magazine/...ecouverte-un-n

ouveau-virus-pourrait-causer-la-fatigue-chronique

translates in Babelfish roughly as follows:

Researchers of Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB and Belgian society of biotechnology " R.E.D. Laboratories" managed to identify a new retrovirus among patients suffering from the syndrome of chronic fatigue, announced Tuesday the VUB in an official statement.

These results corroborate a recent American discovery. American researchers of l'University of Nevada had discovered, in October 2009, that the majority of
    the patients suffering from the chronic syndrome of tiredness were carrying
    d' a new retrovirus XMRV.

Before l' Belgian study, these American conclusions had already been confirmed by Harvard Medical School and l'National institute of health (National Institute off Health). The research undertaken under the direction of professor De Meirleir (VUB) constitutes an innovation because the virus was discovered among sick patients resulting from all l' Europe. In addition, this immunological signature is comparable with that of a patient with AIDS.

This new discovery will be presented on September 7 next at a workshop at
    National institute of health in Washington.

Iain:Retro smile:

See more popular forum discussions.