1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Phoenix Rising Adds Two New Board Members
Mark Berry introduces the new President of Phoenix Rising, Dr. Gary Solomon, and welcomes Professor Jonathan Edwards to the Phoenix Rising Board of Directors.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Estronex Test results

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by globalpilot, Jul 17, 2012.

1. globalpilot

globalpilot Senior Member

Ontario
    I had this test done to see if I had elevated 4-hydroxy estrogen metabolites. I have an upregulated CYP1B1 which metabolizes estrogens down the 4-hydroxy pathway which results in quinones which produce oxidative stress, as opposed to the 2-hydroxy pathway which does not produce the oxidative stress. A great diagram of this produced by Rich V is shown in the xeno-estrogens thread started by Gestalt.

My results are:
    2-hydroxyestrone (2-OHE1) 10.9 (.2-25.9)
    2-hydroxyestradiol (2-OHE2) 3.3 (.1-11.3)
    4-hydroxyestrone (4-OHE1) .7 (<=3.2)
    16a-hydroxyestrone (16a-OHE1) 12.8 (.2-14.2)
    2-methoxyestrone (2-OMeE1) .8 (.1-6.4)
    4-methoxyestrone (4-OMeE1) <.23 (<=.3)

To my great surprise the 4-hydroxyestrone was not elevated.
    What I"d really like to know and I'm hoping Rich is reading this - is since the CYP1B1 which converts estrogens into the 4-hydroxy type also is the enzymes that creates quinones - could an upregulation result in normal 4-hydroxy because it is being metabolized to quinones quickly ?
  2. cigana

cigana Senior Member

UK
    This is a list of substances that down regulate CYP1B1 from my notes (I am also upregulated):
    perhaps you are taking one of these?

See more popular forum discussions.