Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Esther Crawley - Special Educational Needs - 21st September 2017

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by slysaint, May 17, 2017.

1. slysaint

slysaint Senior Member

Another one for the diary:
    Now booking SEN South West
    Unmissable for everyone working with children with Special Educational Needs - 21st September 2017 at BAWA

Key Nots sessions from :
    • Professor Esther Crawley Professor of Child Health School of Social and Community Medicine University of Bristol on Everything you need to know about children with fatigue.

http://cpd.sgsts.org.uk/cpd/content_detail.asp?contentid=677
    http://conferencessouthwest.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/12445-Integra-SEN-SW-Flyer-2017.pdf

eta: So it IS only about fatigue..........

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  2. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Mid-Ohio Valley, United States
  3. Mohawk1995

Mohawk1995 Senior Member

Haven't met her, but she sure seems to like hearing herself talk. "Everything thing you need to know about children with fatigue". I always tell therapists and therapy students if someone starts off by saying they know "everything" about..... then run for the hills!!! Can't really believe someone can be that arrogant.

MEMum, Cornishbird, Cheshire and 7 others like this.
  4. Barry53

Barry53 Senior Member

UK
    These seminars are like a sausage factory ... turn the handle and another one poops pops out!

5. NelliePledge

NelliePledge plodder

well now she's a professor she's making the most of it

6. slysaint

slysaint Senior Member

7. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

2% prevalence reported there.

8. MEMum

MEMum Senior Member

I dislike this thread a lot, hopefully someone will be tweeting on @SGSTStraining!!!

9. TiredSam

TiredSam The wise nematode hibernates

Germany
    EC will be causing damage whichever way her presentation is received. Either the audience will lap it up and be on the lookout for yawning children to "support", or they will think "how ridiculous" and the next time they hear of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or ME ("which is the same thing") they'll think "oh that's the thing that woman from Bristol said kids have when they yawn isn't it? Load of nonsense if you ask me".

So she manages to drag healthy but occasionally tired kids into her sausage machine whilst simultaneously making sure ME sufferers don't get taken seriously.

Plus I note from another thread she's still presenting on a platform with Wessely & co. whilst simultaneously claiming to be serious about leading a bio-medical research collaborative.

Is there no limit to the number of mutually incompatible positions she can take or different varieties of damage she can cause without there being any consequences? She certainly doesn't seem to think so.

10. slysaint

slysaint Senior Member

Sorry..........just trying to alert people to things as I find them.

JaimeS, ladycatlover, MEMum and 7 others like this.
  11. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

My favourite threads are the ones I dislike a lot!

Binkie4, Joh, ladycatlover and 10 others like this.
  12. Luther Blissett

Luther Blissett Senior Member

Yorkshire, England
    As this training event is advertised to teachers, I am wondering if contact with the local section of the National Union of Teachers (NUT) would be helpful to share our concerns? https://www.teachers.org.uk/south-west-region

Maybe a link to some of David Tuller's work and a way to contact him for further information if needed?

We had a few teachers in a recent thread, @Countrygirl , @Molly98 , @Jenny TipsforME , what do you think of an ex-teacher contacting them about concerns about member training?

If a Teacher follows bad advice that could lead to injury or damage the welfare of a child, would/could they be reported to the Local Child Protection Board? It seems like that is the last thing a teacher would need to have to deal with.

13. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    http://www.meresearch.org.uk/news/2017-cmrc-conference-registration-opens/

Notice that EC is missing from the agenda.

The purpose of the conference is to increase collaboration between researchers in the CFS/ME field and with those from other research/illness areas. Although the full programme has yet to be announced, the provisional one is now available. Experts in neurovirology, imaging and orthostatic intolerance will be to the fore. Presentations (titles TBC) include

Although the first day of the conference is open to researchers and all CMRC members, the second day is open to researchers only. Associate Members can join the CMRC for free whilst research membership is £20. Discounts on the costs of attending the conference are available to professional members and students who book before 31st May.

Abstract submissions are being invited until 9am on 30 June 2017. Oral presentations will be selected following peer review of submitted abstracts and poster prizes will be awarded.

As with previous conferences, it is planned to livestream presentations. However, this is at the presenter’s discretion and reasons such as presenting unpublished data may lead a presenter to decline livestreaming. Details of livestreaming will be made available closer to the date of the conference.

ladycatlover, Hutan, MEMum and 2 others like this.
  14. Solstice

Solstice Senior Member

Nutters and Muppets unite!

15. slysaint

slysaint Senior Member

day two:
    10:10
    MRC-funded researchers: updates on MRC-funded research
    Prof Carmine Pariante;
    Prof Esther Crawley; Prof Anne McArdle; Dr Mark Edwards; Sue Wilson

16. Countrygirl

UK
    Pretty much been there and done that a while ago with 'county' In brief, told the expert has spoken and to clear off.

ladycatlover and Luther Blissett like this.
  17. MEMum

MEMum Senior Member

Sorry @ Slysaint, nothing personal, it just seems to be a never ending stream of bPS. It is good to be informed.

Interesting to see that MERUK are on the head and foot of the promotion.

18. Countrygirl

UK
    Ahhh! Missed it.

Bother and double bother. :(

19. Countrygirl

UK
    Ouch! :D

20. Large Donner

Large Donner Senior Member

I think its obvious now that she is a sell out to corporate lobbyists and she doesn't give a fuck about the children who get seriously affected by this.

She is also using her "official" positions within the NHS etc as a tool to give herself more "credibility" by going around talking to "clubs" and other dubiously backed and probably indirectly funded groups of loosely titled academics posing as official bodies when they are really just fronts for opportunists who want to affect policy to serve their own pockets and power base.

Her slight of hand is apparent as a magicians trick with talk titles like "everything you need to know about...".

Basically that means don't look over there just look here and don't question.

The bigger the cake gets the more people within it, or those who want in, will be promised but first they have to do their bit and show how far they are prepared to go to get higher up the pyramid.

She is basically the equivalent of a pharmaceutical rep and we all know how stupid or easy to influence the average doctor is.

She has obviously done a deal with the devil.

Holgate is enabling this, he is equally culpable.

Last edited: May 21, 2017

See more popular forum discussions.