Looking Ahead to Change: Little by Little
I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I don't think I ever really did, but the last decade or two would have been enough to stifle that impulse. I've just been too aware that I don't have that much control over what happens in my life.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Essential tremor

Discussion in 'Neurological/Neuro-sensory' started by Onebratt08, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Onebratt08

Onebratt08

Is essential tremor a lesser known symptom of CFS? I've read they are somewhat common in the general aging population. I had one start about a year ago, right arm. It happens with activity, like if I'm using a fork to eat. It can also happen after activity, like if my arm is tired from an activity. It also gets worse with acute stress (but no activity).

I'm posting this in the neuro section because I believe it's a neuro symptom. I have so many neuro symptoms, I'm wondering if I need to see a neurologist (the tremor, strong chemical sensitivity, lights, odors, sleep troubles, OI for no identifiable cardiac reason and many cognitive problems and I'm not yet 40!)

Justin30, Mel9 and svetoslav80 like this.
  2. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    Mel9 likes this.
  3. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member

I am not aware of tremor of this sort being part of ME/CFS. If as you say it is worse with action (intention tremor) then benign essential tremor is one of the differential diagnoses but it is uncommon under 40. There are other possible diagnoses so I would advise getting a neurological opinion.

Mel9 likes this.
  4. svetoslav80

svetoslav80 Senior Member

Bulgaria
    I have significant tremor when I crash, but I have had it before I became ill. It just gets much worse while I'm crashed.

5. Valentijn

Valentijn The Diabolic Logic

I get a tremor when the relevant muscle is getting worn out.

6. Onebratt08

Onebratt08

Thank you all! I actually did just start supplementing B vitamins with a little extra B12 due to having a hernia and needing to be on reflux medication. We will see if that helps the tremor, otherwise I will ask doc for a neuro referral.

7. IreneF

IreneF Senior Member

San Francisco
    I was diagnosed with essential tremor and prescribed a beta blocker, but the tremor went away after I stopped taking Neurontin. I quit seeing that doc for that and other reasons, because tremor is known to be a side effect of Neurontin.

See more popular forum discussions.