The ePatient Revolution
Ryan Prior shares his experience and his thoughts from attending the Stanford Medicine X Conference as he contemplates the rising of the ePatient Revolution ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

ESR - always low in ME??

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by mobyjoby, Aug 31, 2012.

1. SOC

SOC Senior Member

USA
    Ah, that probably explains it. Thanks, Rich.

2. jimells

jimells Senior Member

northern Maine
    ESR seems to be a common test where I live.

Looking through my notebook, I found three tests in the last two years. In 2010 it was zero, last year it was 4, now it's up to 5. Meanwhile other inflammation markers are also showing up as I continue to get sicker. Two years ago the ANA screen was negative. Now it's slightly elevated. Also a recent 'single stranded DNA' test was elevated, which is supposed to be yet another non-specific marker of inflammation.

In spite of my symptoms and inflammation markers, the rheumy concluded, "There are no signs of autoimmune disorder. We can't help you, and we don't know who can." :mad:

3. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    As of today, my ESR is still high, now at 25.

4. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

RIP to Rich. I just wanted to bump this up because it matches exactly what is going on with me.

APA can manifest a 100 different ways. It would make allot of sense if some cases of CFS are caused by APA.

WillowJ and Sushi like this.
  5. Thinktank

Thinktank Senior Member

Europe + South East Asia
    My ESR and HsCRP have always been low.
    ESR 0 to 2 and HsCRP < 0.01
    Even though i've been diagnosed with every illness that ends with "-itis", also my cytokines and chemokines are extremely elevated.

See more popular forum discussions.