1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

ESR - always low in ME??

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by mobyjoby, Aug 31, 2012.

1. SOC

SOC Senior Member

USA
    Ah, that probably explains it. Thanks, Rich.

2. jimells

jimells Senior Member

northern Maine
    ESR seems to be a common test where I live.

Looking through my notebook, I found three tests in the last two years. In 2010 it was zero, last year it was 4, now it's up to 5. Meanwhile other inflammation markers are also showing up as I continue to get sicker. Two years ago the ANA screen was negative. Now it's slightly elevated. Also a recent 'single stranded DNA' test was elevated, which is supposed to be yet another non-specific marker of inflammation.

In spite of my symptoms and inflammation markers, the rheumy concluded, "There are no signs of autoimmune disorder. We can't help you, and we don't know who can." :mad:

3. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    As of today, my ESR is still high, now at 25.

See more popular forum discussions.