• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

esophagus

antares4141

Probably the last few years I have noticed this has been getting worse. If I eat some kind of food like corn chips I will have chest pain that could easily be mistaken for heart pain. Very sharp pain not intense though. Not too different than if you have a sore in your mouth caused by chips just it's in your chest area.

I also get this same pain when I lean back in a chair (put considerable pressure on the upper part of my back for a considerable amount of time, 30 minutes or so) But much worse, (the pain) "sometimes" so bad I feel like I should be having a heart attack and I have to lay down which is kind of hard cause I can't lay on my back, has to be one side than the other than the stomach until the inflammation goes away.

Anybody have anything like this? I'm wondering if it's a CFS related thing.

Robert

anciendaze

You might check descriptions of gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD) to see if this accurately describes your symptoms. This can occur in conjunction with other common ME/CFS symptoms like Raynaud's phenomenon. Both may be dismissed as psychosomatic. Add in a particular skin condition and a diagnosis of scleroderma, an autoimmune disease, becomes plausible. What diagnosis and treatment you get when you go to a doctor is partly a matter of chance.

N.B. I am not a medical doctor.

antares4141

I don't have any of the visible symptoms mentioned in raynaud's, never to my knowledge had any problem with acid reflux but can see how the pain it causes may be similar to what I described. The raynaud's link mentioned connective tissue disease which seems the most consistent with my symptoms specifically to how it's provoked by mechanical stress. Thanks for the links.
Robert