Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

"Eshoo Lauds NIH Push to Advance Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Research"

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Kyla, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Kyla

Kyla ᴀɴɴɪᴇ ɢꜱᴀᴍᴩᴇʟ

Canada
    http://eshoo.house.gov/issues/healt...to-advance-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-research/

Battery Muncher, alkt, Yogi and 11 others like this.
  2. Forbin

Forbin Senior Member

This could be important, i.e. a member of Congress who is motivated to press for research. In addition to having Dr. Ronald Davis as a constituent, Representative Eshoo also represents the district that includes Stanford University, which means she would likely be interested in directing research funds (and jobs) there.

I don't know exactly how this works, but I believe that if you want to hold Congressional hearings on something (which would, of course, be a major step toward getting publicity and thus funding), you need a Congressperson to champion such a hearing. I'm not sure if we've had anyone else in Congress who's shown much interest in ME/cfs lately. I can only think of former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, whose connection was through the Whittemores and their efforts to build the WPI.

I'm just saying that Representative Eshoo might be an important asset to the ME community in her ability to raise awareness in Congress.

SOC, Yogi, Kyla and 3 others like this.
  3. sdmcvicar

sdmcvicar

Scarecrow likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.