• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Equilibrant

Sinclair

Thanks @halcyon ;)

My flu-like symptoms have increased by the 5th day on additional Astragalus, with strange symptoms such as upper lip trembling and feeling of dust in my eye, both left side mainly... awakening of my cellular immune system? I hope so, but it is hard to say...

I am not sure what to do beyond resting the day long... probably I'll give a break to Astragalus for a couple of days and see how my body reacts...any insights?

My 'ME normal' symptoms seem less severe since the flu-like symptoms onset, but the latter are becoming increasingly as hard to handle as the former...

What scares me is thinking that this could also be a mutation or worsening of my condition....after all, my 2 previous severe crashes have both started with flu-like symptoms...(though, of a different kind I believe):confused:

Any insight much appreciated!

Best,
Sinclair

Sinclair

No, it was not a worsening of my symptoms. I highly suspect it was my immune system fighting the chronic infection during that week.

Since flu-like symptoms started to fade away, ME/CFS symptoms came back.

Things came back to normal ME after a week or so, maybe a slightly better plateau.

I recently tried to get the same again with no results: I increased my Equilibrant dose from 3.5 to 4 pills + 2000 mg Astragalus root extract. I only got increased pain, fatigue and other symptoms, and no significant flu-like symptoms, so I am stopping after 3 days of experimentation.

In the meanwhile I added Zinc and transdermal Magnesium oil to my protocol. Both seem to help.

Wishing to get that flu again....

Patrick*

Formerly PWCalvin
I have typically posted my write-ups from Dr. Chia appointments in this thread as I know there's some interest in his theories. This latest appointment didn't have much to do with Equillibrant, so sorry for taking this a little off topic. He wants me to try Interferon and Prozac as a sort of synergistic antiviral regimen, along with continued use of Equillibrant. http://quixoticmeblog.blogspot.com/2014/10/dr-c-recommends-new-treatment-plan.html