• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Equilibrant pulsing

Hi All,

In terms of duration, does anyone know what the optimal approach is?

I have been taking 6 tablets for 3 months with some benefit however, cost is a factor. I was considering letting it lapse for a few months and trying again later. Can you pulse to reduce cost or does resistance occur?

halcyon

I think it would be ill-advised to stop it after only 3 months. There is a real possibility that you will have a relapse of symptoms. This is from memory and I can't recall where I saw it, but I believe Dr. Chia has noted that the response rate after premature cessation is worse than the already dismal initial response rate of 52%.

I'm not recommending you do this, but you could try lowering to 5 pills and see if any of your symptoms come back. I tried this once and all my nasty symptoms returned within 10 days (and I had been taking it for over a year at that point.)

As an alternative you might look into other cheaper sources of oxymatrine and switch to that, though you will need to figure out dosing as the concentration of oxymatrine in Equilibrant is not advertised.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@lnester7 takes a much lower dose. Why not just lower the dose for awhile and see. I took 500 mgs inosine and it kicked my butt.

There's are 2 types oxymatrine. One is white tiger tablets. The other is capsules. Can't think of the name but dr Google will know.

I might just lower the dose and see what happens. I'll also look into Inosine.

Googling oxymatrine sources seems to net the same problem as with most supplements. The quality standards are not clear. If anyone has long term experience with a certain source, I'd be keen to hear about it.