Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Equilibrant and LDN

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by green52, Apr 14, 2016.

1. green52

green52

Hello,

I had an appointment with Dr. Chia yesterday, but honestly have more questions that before at this point.

He prescribed equilibrant at 1/4 a tablet for a few weeks before moving up, not to exceed 1 tablet 2x a day. I have autoimmune tendencies (super high ANA, high ACE, low complement C3, family history of lupus on both sides of the family), which is why he told me to start at a low dose, but he does think it's okay to take the equilibrant.

I'm just pretty confused by the whole th1/th2 thing. Does't all these autoimmune markers mean I'm already too high on the th1 side? I've been on LDN in the past, and though it wasn't super helpful, I did find some relief. But doesn't LDN do the opposite (switch to th2)?

I guess I'll start the equilibrant, but just had these questions.

I'm a 23 year guy also if that matters.

Thanks

Jennifer J and MeSci like this.
  2. impossible

impossible

LDN upregulates th1, thus downregulating th2. Lupus is classically known as a th2 driven disorder.

3. green52

green52

Thank you for the info!! So essentially it does the same thing as equilibrant?

4. green52

green52

so why does LDN seem to work for autoimmune conditions that are both th1 and th2 dominated?

5. impossible

impossible

I dont really know anything about equilibrant, just been on ldn before and put a little time into studying it.

Tbh, the best answer is nobody knows for sure what the exact mechanisms that make ldn effective are. It affects different immune cells in different ways and its still being studied. From what ive read, it seems theyve only begun to shed light on some pretty important aspects of it in last few years.

See more popular forum discussions.