• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Equilibrant and LDN

Hello,

I had an appointment with Dr. Chia yesterday, but honestly have more questions that before at this point.

He prescribed equilibrant at 1/4 a tablet for a few weeks before moving up, not to exceed 1 tablet 2x a day. I have autoimmune tendencies (super high ANA, high ACE, low complement C3, family history of lupus on both sides of the family), which is why he told me to start at a low dose, but he does think it's okay to take the equilibrant.

I'm just pretty confused by the whole th1/th2 thing. Does't all these autoimmune markers mean I'm already too high on the th1 side? I've been on LDN in the past, and though it wasn't super helpful, I did find some relief. But doesn't LDN do the opposite (switch to th2)?

I guess I'll start the equilibrant, but just had these questions.

I'm a 23 year guy also if that matters.

Thanks

I dont really know anything about equilibrant, just been on ldn before and put a little time into studying it.

Tbh, the best answer is nobody knows for sure what the exact mechanisms that make ldn effective are. It affects different immune cells in different ways and its still being studied. From what ive read, it seems theyve only begun to shed light on some pretty important aspects of it in last few years.