AVIVA Semi-Finals: National ME/FM Action Network is competing for $100,000
The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing for $100,000 for biomedical research of ME and FM in the Aviva Community Fund contest. With thanks to all who helped, they made it through the first round of voting into the Semi-Finals.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Epsom Salts

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by roxie60, May 13, 2012.

1. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    My integrative GP has told me for a couple of years to take baths or foot soaks in epsom salts to remove toxins. I initially tried but as with most things I felt no better so stopped. Since I have been off work I have been taking about baths/foot soaks in Epsom Salts a week. I was wondering if anyone has evidence this is effective at removing toxins? The toxins I am thinking of are th ones Rich has refered to in the methylation pathway. Or am I wasting time, money and energy doing this? Has anyone used this and seen improvement or changes in test results as a result? Thx:sluggish:

2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    The only evidence I have is that I feel better the next day. I alternate epsom salts baths and FIR sauna. But you have to use at least 2 cups of epsom salts and some find that adding other things like baking soda also helps.

Rich had a thread a long while back about whether epsom salts baths help people. You might want to check it out--if you can find it! A test for the new search engine.

Sushi

3. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    could not find Rich's thread. Although I think the search is better than vBul did not find his using epsom salt bath.

4. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque

See more popular forum discussions.