Red Hot researchers spice up Chilli ME Challenge — Live!
Watch renowned researchers Drs. Ian Lipkin and Mady Hornig take the Chilli ME Challenge, LIVE from New York by webcast this coming Wednesday, 1st July at 1 p.m. EST.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Ephedrine Caffeine

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by undcvr, Feb 13, 2011.

1. undcvr

undcvr Senior Member

NYC
    I recently began to wonder if my cfs has been caused by or if not exacerbated by my use of Ephedrine. I used to take alot of it in college. I remember that after taking that for a few days continously I would then crash and fall sick for almost a week after. This cycle often repeated itself.

There were times that I would stack it with Caffeine and Asprin too. I am wondering because nowadays i notice that I am very prone to overstimulation and even with milder stuff like just caffeine or the caffeine in guarana I would crash after a few days of continuously using it. I have to take sedatives as a kind of support and counter to the stimulants during the day.

It maybe an oversimplistic way of coming to a conclusion but I am quite sure that it has played some part in it, i think.

2. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    I remember alot of info about it at the time said it was safe, the only concerns were hyertension. I didnt use it regularly but it did get me through a few football games after working a night shift, i wonder too. All these stimulants are said to down regulate the adrenals as well.

3. undcvr

undcvr Senior Member

NYC
    Yea you are rite ! I remember that each time I came off it it seemed to exhaust me alot afterwards. Even back then, I knew that taking it disrupts the adrenal gland functions. I dont know if my adrenal glands ever recovered but it took a really long time before I actually felt better after I stopped the ephedrine.

4. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Hope you aren't beating yourself up at all. I didn't drink coffee or use any drugs before ME struck me. Something else could have done it if not. Have you had your adrenals tested?

5. Carrigon

Carrigon Senior Member

PA, USA
    Ephedrine helps me, but caffeine makes me very sick. Ephedrine raises blood pressure, so it's good for the POTS lightheadedness. But I think caffeine just dehydrates you and helps strip the glands more. I always crashed with caffeine.

6. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    I would say, it wasn't caused by ephedrine or caffeine use, but the symptoms you had could be described as early symptoms of ME/CFS - in other words, unusual reactions to drugs.

Also like someone else said, those sound like symptoms of weak adrenals.

7. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    i have low dhea and cortilsol but think this is due to stress of chronic infections, so we will see how i go but treating the adrenals and keeping viral ,load down. My dhea and cortisol have slowly gone down over the years. Stimulants i feel are bteer a dead horse, even ssris etc are whipping that dead horse some more.

cheers!!!

See more popular forum discussions.