1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Enzymes - any use for ME?

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by Sasha, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I'm quoting this from another thread, because I thought it was interesting but I don't feel able to assess the claims - anybody got any views/experiences?

2. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    I've been using digestive enzymes of different types for about 10 years. No miracle cure for me sadly.

3. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    My naturopath had me using digestive enzymes for several years, but I couldn't tell any difference. The things that helped me the most were going gluten free and betaine hydrochloride.

4. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    But any improvement at all?

5. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    I've heard that certain enzymes can help break up the biofilm. Also, it's important to note that for certain health issues (including biofilm), the enzymes need to be taken on an empty stomach in between meals rather than with a meal.

I think supplements are an individual thing though. What works for one person doesn't work for another. I've learned this partially through personal experience, but also from reading literally 1000s of customer reviews on iHerb.

Sasha likes this.
  6. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    No improvement to ME symptoms (the viral ones and PEM for example) but help for digestion, stomach bloating etc.

Sparrowhawk and Sasha like this.

See more popular forum discussions.