• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

enzymatic therapy ultimate iron

SaraM

If you are low in iron, you might want to give this one a try. I had 0 ferritin for years and now it is 56 after a few months of taking this. Other supplements were useless.

Alexia

Thank you very much for the suggestion Sara. I will give it a try, I was just searching for an Iron supplement better than the one I'm taking now.

Mog

I'm having trouble taking ferrous fumarate and the water-based supplement Spatone. The first time I tried them recently, they seemed to throw my mood off in a big way, into depression. I had a break and retried, and this time they seemed to be causing headaches all the time. I have low ferritin although the iron levels in my blood seem to be okay. Can anyone suggest a supplement that I might be able to tolerate? I was on 600mg ferrous fumarate for several years which raised my ferritin levels before, but have not been taking it for a year, and am now having problems resuming it. I was starting slow on it this time, not the 600mg dose.