• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

(English piece) "Pensées sur mon anniversaire" by Robert McMullen‏

Dolphin

To mark my birthday I've uploaded some thoughts on birthdays with severe #MEcfs from my book:

Start:
---
The following email appears as an addendum in stranger and stranger. It was sent to all my friends and relatives in my email address book on my 27th birthday in the year 2000. A lot has changed in the world since then but I am still unwell, as are many hundreds of thousands of people with ME/CFS.

Birthdays are never easy when you are unwell but writing today on my 44th birthday I feel more positive about the prospects of understanding my illness than I have done in previous years due to the progress that is being made in biomedical research. After years of neglect by doctors and medical institutions, some of the world’s leading scientists are finally starting to take an interest in ME/CFS. In the past year several papers have been published which reveal significant metabolic, neurological and immunological abnormalities, giving patients around the world desperately needed hope of diagnostic tests and effective treatments (see links below).
---

Extract:
The real trouble with birthdays while I'm unwell is not so much the day itself but the fact that they signify the passing of time, which I so desperately want to slow down. It's a funny thing time.

http://www.strangerandstranger.net/pensees.htm