Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Endotheliitis

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by wastwater, Sep 1, 2015.

1. wastwater

wastwater Senior Member

uk
  2. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    @wastwater

Can you explain for non science people how this relates to ME/CFS? Is this the same as endothelial or vascular dysfunction? Thanks!

3. anciendaze

anciendaze Senior Member

Without being an expert all I can tell you is that the suffix -itis means inflammation. Endothelial dysfunction is a change in the way the tissue responds by dilating or contracting. It is perfectly normal for such changes to take place as conditions change, but dysfunction means the changes are inappropriate. Despite the tiny size of capillaries where you find most endothelial tissue this has real dangers because it affects vital activities like regulation of blood pressure and the supply of oxygenated blood to tissues. It also has consequences for the ability of immune cells to reach infected tissues, though this is generally a secondary concern.

4. wastwater

wastwater Senior Member

uk
    I'm not really any good at science,think I'm just word matching really,so wont be able to explain much,I was hoping it might mean something to someone so I posted it,the words that caught my attention were type 2 interferon and cAMP.Cytomegalovirus and cornea

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  5. Seanko

Seanko Senior Member

Swindon, UK
    There was an article on Simmaron Research earlier in the year where Dr Fluge discusses how Rituximab may work and its possible knock on effect for the Vascular system and oxygen supply.

The work of Julia Newton in this area is also mentioned.

Dr Fluge talks to Cort Johnson

See more popular forum discussions.