Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Endocrine-disrupting chemicals cost the EU €157 billion a year

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by A.B., Mar 8, 2015.

1. A.B.

A.B. Senior Member

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20...ated-to-cost-EU-e282ac157-billion-a-year.aspx

August59, Valentijn and adreno like this.
  2. A.B.

A.B. Senior Member

3. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    This will be hotly denied I am sure. This is a massively under-researched area. Whatever money we make from such products, is it worth the ongoing cost? The companies don't pay, its society that pays. Tax em for full costs is one option.

Yet to do that in a legal sense may require a degree of research beyond anything we currently have. You have to nail the research down. Look how long that took with Tobacco. That doesn't mean we should not continue. It may take time, but they may one day have to pay if they are responsible.

4. A.B.

A.B. Senior Member

A better solution would be to start using alternatives or just stop using some stuff that isn't absolutely necessary. I'm sure the paint on receipts doesn't absolutely need to contain endocrine disrupters. Glass bottles over plastic bottles. With some good will and perhaps some research into alternatives I'm sure all of the problematic substances can be addressed appropriately. This may cost more upfront but will reduce medical bills and human suffering. Maybe we will even save money.

Valentijn likes this.
  5. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Is there any good info from a trusted source about how to avoid this stuff, as far as reasonably possible?

See more popular forum discussions.