Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Enbrel-reaction two weeks after taking.

Discussion in 'Immunological' started by Misfit Toy, May 24, 2015.

1. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

USA
    I had a shot of Enbrel two weeks ago on Tuesday. The past couple days I've been feeling absolutely awful. I've been itching all over, unable to sleep and having chills or overly hot. Last night, after another night of not sleeping and itching from head to toe I woke up this morning with a huge welt on my leg where the shot was given of Enbrel.

I had to call the rheumatologist. Now on prednisone. She said she never heard of a delayed reaction after two weeks. I swear to God I am the weirdest person that exists when it comes to medications and my body.

I quit. I've been in bed this whole weekend, itching from head to toe. I'm to stop Enbrel.

There really are no other treatments for SS after this other than methotrexate, which I will not do.
    IMG_3554.jpg

2. Kati

Kati Patient in training

:( Sorry to hear @Misfit Toy. How frustrating. :ill: Hopefully Prednisone will give you a hand with the itchiness and rash.

3. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

USA
    Thanks, Kati. So defeated, exhausted, etc.

4. AndyPandy

AndyPandy Making the most of it

Australia
    That's no good, @Misfit Toy. Understand why you would be feeling defeated and exhausted.

Hoping for better days for you.

5. Kati

Kati Patient in training

No doubt. :cry: There are no words.

See more popular forum discussions.