1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Part 2: Brain Cells Making us Sick? Messed up microglia could be driving symptoms
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, might be overactive and driving the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Empathetic anger motivates volunteers as much as sympathy

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by biophile, May 7, 2014.

1. biophile

biophile Places I'd rather be.

Are you a non-aggressive person in general but whose blood specifically boils at the harmful psychobabble and other injustices faced by the group of patients with ME and CFS?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/05/140506204042.htm
    peggy-sue, Bob, Roy S and 10 others like this.
  2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Me, angry at psychobabble, concerned at the harm they are doing to people? No, who would have thought?
  3. peggy-sue

peggy-sue

Scotland
    Or at any of the injustices all around the world, where ordinary folk just like us are suffering and being deprived of their human rights, starved, poisoned and bullied by governments and big business.

Cameron is planning to force through legislation to remove ordinarly folk's rights to refuse permission to be fracked under...

Bhopal hasn't been cleared up yet...

(I think I belong in this group of angry empathisers. :p )
  4. vamah

vamah Senior Member

Washington , DC area
    It has always bugged me that anger is seen as a 'bad' emotion, even when it is rational. Anger can be a great motivator for good.
    ukxmrv, alex3619, Roy S and 2 others like this.
  5. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    That is something I have been saying for years. We can use anger as the engine to motivate us, its only a problem if its also driving the car.
    peggy-sue likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.