• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

EMF sensitivity and reduction

maddietod

I'm interested in reducing EMFs in my house, and particularly while I'm on my computer. I did a quick google search, and immediately saw a range of solutions, including:

ground my laptop with a special cord
buy a machine that interferes with the EMFs throughout the house
cover my laptop with special fabric
put my computer on a special pad

I'm sure there's more, but this was enough to make me realize I need input from people who have already solved the problem.

First, I had an earthing grounding band that I can wear around a wrist or ankle.......is it sufficient if I just ground myself while on the computer?

Second, of the above choices, I'm most interested in the little interference machine, if it works. It costs $120, which seems cheap if it really does solve this problem with all machines throughout the house.

Have any of you figured this out for yourselves?

Thanks

Madie

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi Madie,

Have you noticed any benefits so far? I can't tell you much about the products out there except that I know there are a bunch of "scam" items for sale, so good input from others is important.

I had a doctor who thought this range of products was good: http://www.energpolarit.com/our_company.aspx

They tested well with muscle testing when exposed to EMFs. I think the larger product menu is at the bottom of the page.

Let us know how it goes!

Sushi

Jarod

Wayne has experimented with this stuff.

I bought one of those computer mats and a baseball hat with special silver material. I didn't notice a difference unfortunately.

Part of the problem may be the light from the screen. I notice the same problem when watching TV, so I try to keep the screen on the dimmest setting possible.

maddietod

There is only one way to reduced EMF and that is with a Faraday cage. Anything else is just a scam.
I don't know. I have an EMF sensitive friend locally who has some special things on her computer......otherwise she can't use it. I just thought I'd ask here as well as checking with her.

Since using the grounding band for hours daily, while being on the computer for a max of 20 minutes daily, I've noticed a huge difference. Now when I get on the computer I can feel........sort of butterflies in my abdomen. Using the grounding band while on the computer doesn't change this. The next experiment is to wrap in my grounding sheet while on the computer.

Meanwhile, I don't put my laptop on my lap any more, and I keep the screen about 3 feet from my face. Because so many things vary (e.g. caffeine intake),
I won't know for a few days how this is affecting my energy.

Has anybody out there had success controlling EMFs, and benefits?

maddietod

Hi Madie,

Have you noticed any benefits so far? I can't tell you much about the products out there except that I know there are a bunch of "scam" items for sale, so good input from others is important.

I had a doctor who thought this range of products was good: http://www.energpolarit.com/our_company.aspx

They tested well with muscle testing when exposed to EMFs. I think the larger product menu is at the bottom of the page.

Let us know how it goes!

Sushi

Hi, Sushi,

I've browsed that link, and this item http://www.energpolarit.com/details.aspx?pid=667&cid=217 is for large appliances, but it also says it can be worn in a pouch. This might make more sense than one on the TV, one on the microwave, one on the computer, etc. Yes? No?

Also, if I plug my computer into a grounding adapter which I then plug into the socket, does this grounding of the computer fix the EMF problem? Anybody know?

Vincent

I'm currently reading the book 'Zapped: why your cell phone should not be your alarm clock'. The only way to know what you need to reduce is to measure it first.

I'm going to quote from the book now:

An am radio will pick up the RF fields from 55 to 1600 kHz.

To pick up even more RFs without spending lots of money, Gust recommends a telephone amplifier made for the hearing impaired, available at RadioShack for as little as ten dollars.

According to Gust, a flat-response Trifield meter that, as its name suggests, detects and measures electrical, magnetic, and RF fields, costs around one hundred thirty dollars. It’s great for detecting magnetic fields, but it isn’t quite as sensitive on electrical fields and is considered unreliable for RFs.

When I asked Gust to recommend a home meter for me to use, he suggested a triple-axis AC magnetic field meter from www.lessemf.com, a leading supplier of EMF detection and mitigation products. The 60 Hz Blocking EMF Meter has an LED screen that’s easy to read and is calibrated to range from 0.01 to 40 mG—and costs less than one hundred seventy dollars. The most expensive devices are those designed for industrial use, which would be overkill in a private home.

http://www.lessemf.com/emf-news.html

After more than 25 years of intensive study, the health and safety conscious Swedish government has established a safety limit for exposure to ELF magnetic field at 2.5 mG, and VLF magnetic fields at only 0.25 mG.

Before I started reading about this stuff I thought it was pure bs. Then I read about the book Cross Currents by Becker MD, wherein he designed a machine that could reform bones that previously was not possible, he was nominated for the Nobel Prize twice. It has been proven that EMF affects both animals and humans, it is used regularly in alopathic diagnostic tests like ECG and MRI.

You also have harmonic distortions fed back into the power lines which results in 'dirty electricity'. You'll need several hundred dollars in meters in order to do the proper testing.

Chris

Hi--you can plug Stetzer filters into wall outlets to reduce RF circulating in your power lines (they also make a meter that measures that RF), but that won't do anything for airborne RF pollution, alas. Chris