1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

emergency report from China

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by hanchuchu, Nov 3, 2009.

1. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    I myself didnt catch it sexually (I got sick when I was in collage but have passed it to others via saliva (one could recover and the one couldnt and remains not well).

I dont think I have the HIV like infection as it has manifested in me just like the patient group Dr Cheney is most familiar with and writes about (he was one of the drs from the big Lake Tahoe outbreak) and my illness has followed the course he describes... so I see it as typical ME as seen in outbreaks (not CFS).

The only thing like HIV i have is with my illness my white blood cell count only just stay in range (at times have been right on the very border of what is normal any lower and would be out of range). Indicates chronic infection of some kind going on (according to the Dr Sarah Myhill info).

The one thing I have which dont fit with most who have ME is .. Ive almost been out of normal range with my ESR with it being high (that has sat on border of normal range at times).. while Ive heard that most with ME have low ESR. My ESR is linked in with D somehow.. and if my D "naturally" improves some and heads up more towards normal range.. my ESR falls. (so whatever raises my ESR must lower my D or visa versa).

Ive never managed to get anyone to do a NKC function test so no idea if that is abnormal (thou I'd expect mine would be).
  2. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

Hi Tania. When you say you passed it on to others via saliva, do you mean during the acute infection when you were in college, or even years later?

thank you!
    xoxo
  3. Kate_UK

Kate_UK Senior Member

heapsreal likes this.
  4. santi

santi

Are you talking about Leukopenia? That's exactly my most noticeable value on blood tests. I had it as low as 2500 per cubic millimeter, and most times marginally lower than 4000, while before I used to have about 5000.

I had Immunoferon (AM3) for two months and the symptoms became much worse. I guess that was because of the immunological system fight increased and thus my body suffered the war.

I think that the AIDS-Like virus and the Hip's virus are the same.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  5. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    Over 13 years later .. I had the first incident in which I seemed to pass it onto another.. and then several years after that, the same again.

I dont think I was dating anyone when I first got sick in my early years of this illness. I went about 10-11 years somewhere along the time I had this illness with no relationships (so not much chance of any saliva transmission going on).

There is a regular at this site who believes she's given this illness to over 20 people.. I wonder if my case would be similar if I wasnt being soo careful eg I dont share glasses, only kiss my lovers on the lips etc
  6. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    It was my neutrophils which were affected (borderline) so that dropped my over all white blood cell count. 7+ years it was afftected by the ME.

Ive now thou got my neutrophils back up (it doubled them) by taking lithium orotate for a year (I dont know at what point due to taking this I got them up). If you look up lithium you will see there has been various studies done showing it helps increase white blood cells
  7. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

Anyone know what happened to hanchuchu?

Would elphs theory's fit into the discussion on this thread?

See more popular forum discussions.