The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Emergency, Please Help

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by joejack102, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

I suppose - not sure - it could have depleted B2 & B3

2. joejack102

joejack102 Senior Member

Here’s the thing: nothing that has been proposed so far can explain why as early as 13 years old I was 1,000x’s sensitive to medicines/herbs, why CDP Choline reversed that at age 23, and how to reverse it. I mean the idea that a basic vitamin found in hundreds of foods hat I already eat would reverse this is not realistic. Can somebody help me find what exactly CDP Choline does and how to possibly reverse it.

3. Gondwanaland

You should know the difference between dietary and therapeutic doses.

ETA you must find a functional practitioner in your area who is experienced in prescribing supplemental vitamins.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    pattismith likes this.
  4. joejack102

joejack102 Senior Member

Well, to all those who have participated in this discussion so far, thank you. I still have not found any relief after all I have tried, and I have extensively tried several of the things that were mentioned on this threat so far to not avail. I cannot stress how serious of a problem this is and how bad I have felt for several months now.
    I've attached a chart which might make more sense:

(I'm not 100% sure which FORM of Choline caused this issue since I used Choline Bitartrate and CDP Choline around the same time.)

I haven't been able to work in almost 4 months, and I'm about to lose my job and insurance if I cannot find relief.
    Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 11.41.10 PM.png

5. Tunguska

Tunguska Senior Member

@joejack102 Sorry I'm under enough pressure/struggling that I can't follow forums anymore. To have problems from uridine you'd have to get high enough bloods levels to affect the brain in a negative manner, such that [less likely when not taken as sublingual UMP]. With CDP-choline you have to take a significant oral dose at once: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10974208

It affects everything from acetylcholine, dopamine and GABA receptors and densities. It has a role in metabolism through hypothalamus only recognized since last year: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/03/170317131617.htm (http://science.sciencemag.org/content/355/6330/eaaf5375) I believe I even got negative effects from sublingual UMP myself 3 years ago, but I still don't know how you'd go about fixing it. If I did I would tell you.

[Sorry about the situation with employment, I know how that goes far too well]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  6. tooth

tooth

London, UK
    @Gondwanaland why would it be prudent to avoid Magnesium Glycinate?

7. joejack102

joejack102 Senior Member

pattismith and Countrygirl like this.
  8. pattismith

pattismith Senior Member

yes it may be!

increased choline in the brain seems to be detrimental and induced by inflammation. Microglial activation could be one of the triggering factor according to this article, so you may try to inhibit microglial.
    Omega 3 are advised in the article you quoted.

You will find some other helpful supplements here:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...-treatment-using-microglial-inhibitors.34164/

9. pattismith

pattismith Senior Member

10. Gondwanaland

I was probably mistaken. Choline might have actually created an increased need for both magnesium and glycine.

11. joejack102

joejack102 Senior Member

It may seem difficult to explain but:

When I was a teenager and was 100x’s sensitive to herbs and meds, countless experts told me that I should get psychological therapy such as for stress and that other than that there was nothing I could do. THEY WERE 100% WRONG! I found out after over 10 years that it can be controlled/modified on my own. I was already in “direction the body would not normally go” from the beginning and it was stuck like that until I discovered how to modulate it myself. If I hadn’t taken anything, I would still be 100x’s sensitive to meds to this day. But I’m not.

I spent 5 years after I discovered Ashwagandha & Chamomile having complete 100% control because Ashwagandha would decrease my sensitivity and Chamomile would increase them (for the 24 hours it was in my system).

By using more and more Choline supplements gradually, my body went from 100, 80, 50, 20, 0, -20, -50, -80, -100. It wasn’t an On/Off switch. There was a gradual shift. If I can give analogy, most people have an automatic thermostat for this, but mine is manual. I managed to discover the “down button” (CDP Choline) and I was free to lower the thermostat, however I can’t find the up button, so for now all I can do it press the down button so to speak, until I discover the other “button.”

I can promise with 100% certainty there is a reverse feedback mechanism in the body for this, because otherwise my body wouldn’t have spent an entire decade being abnormally sensitive, nor would the shift have been so gradual.

Being that I’m so convinced that CDP Choline was a permanent and gradual “down button” on the thermostat so to speak, where would I find help with locating the “up button?” Is this something you can help with? There are 1,000’s of studies on CDP Choline, Chamomile, and Ashwagandha that would help give clues as to why the affected me the way that they did. I desperately need help, and my determination is an effort to get my life back. My symptoms are so bad that I have no life until this issue is resolved.

Thanks for your responses.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    Wayne and pattismith like this.

See more popular forum discussions.