Phoenix Rising tells QMUL: release the PACE trial data
Mark Berry, Acting CEO of Phoenix Rising, presents the Board of Directors’ open letter to Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) urging them to release the PACE trial data, and hopes that other non-UK organisations will join British charities in the same request...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Emergency Hurricane Irma help for sick ME friend; super easy via Amazon “wish list”

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by RivkaRivka, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Binkie4

Binkie4 Senior Member

@Sushi

I haven't seen any posts from this thread at the top of the New posts list.

Do I have to do something to make this happen?

Luther Blissett likes this.
  2. Luther Blissett

Luther Blissett Senior Member

Yorkshire, England
    No, @Binkie4 , it does it automatically, though sometimes it takes a while to see.

Many thanks to @Wonko for sorting out the instructions! Explained it far better than I did.

For anyone curious about more general donating, helping spread to word to family, friends etc, I ask you to be very careful about donating to the American Red Cross.

There has been a backlash against it for it's perceived lack of accountability, effectiveness and ethics.

There were a series of investigative articles and a Congressional investigation.

https://www.propublica.org/article/...ial&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=1504120730

A quick example, only 35% of it's own staff said they trust the Leadership!

I know people usually want the money to be spent on people who are actually at the site of the disaster helping people, so in my opinion, it's best to find a local organization to donate to.

The International Red Cross is not the same as the American Red Cross, and I haven't heard similar concerns about it.

bspg, Wonko and Binkie4 like this.
  3. AnnaDove

AnnaDove

Metro Atlanta, Ga
    The Salvation Army should be safe also. Years ago when they helped me, 90% of intake was going to the need of the people.

Luther Blissett, bspg and Binkie4 like this.
  4. Sushi

Sushi Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Thanks! My friend got their generator going and reported her and her family safe on Facebook, but her island, St. John is devastated.
    No, you just won't see your own latest post though. To do that click on Recent Posts.

5. IThinkImTurningJapanese

IThinkImTurningJapanese Moderator

Japan
    And they're getting hit again,

Hurricane Jose

at 4:52 Jose is mentioned.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    Luther Blissett likes this.
  6. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member

The other side.
    It seems amazon.com have just become aware of the weather in Florida.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    Luther Blissett and Binkie4 like this.
  7. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member

The other side.
    Delivered (ish)
    Amazon's status message tells me little, but it's likely that the local infrastructure is fine, and the property is still standing, still having either a front door or a porch.

So hopefully the recipient is as okay as being bedbound allows.

8. Luther Blissett

Luther Blissett Senior Member

Yorkshire, England
    I was happy to receive a thank you note, so thank you to @RivkaRivka for starting the thread, and @bspg for inspiring me to donate, I think the thanks should be shared.

:hug:

Wonko, bspg and Little Bluestem like this.

See more popular forum discussions.