• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Emergency Hurricane Irma help for sick ME friend; super easy via Amazon “wish list”

No, @Binkie4 , it does it automatically, though sometimes it takes a while to see.

Many thanks to @Wonko for sorting out the instructions! Explained it far better than I did.

For anyone curious about more general donating, helping spread to word to family, friends etc, I ask you to be very careful about donating to the American Red Cross.

There has been a backlash against it for it's perceived lack of accountability, effectiveness and ethics.

There were a series of investigative articles and a Congressional investigation.

https://www.propublica.org/article/...ial&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=1504120730

A quick example, only 35% of it's own staff said they trust the Leadership!

I know people usually want the money to be spent on people who are actually at the site of the disaster helping people, so in my opinion, it's best to find a local organization to donate to.

The International Red Cross is not the same as the American Red Cross, and I haven't heard similar concerns about it.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
has a link for a site to check on people reported safe, search for people, or to tell someone you are looking for them.
Thanks! My friend got their generator going and reported her and her family safe on Facebook, but her island, St. John is devastated.
I haven't seen any posts from this thread at the top of the New posts list.
Do I have to do something to make this happen?
No, you just won't see your own latest post though. To do that click on Recent Posts.

Wonko

Delivered (ish)
5:51 PM
Your package was left at the front door or on the front porch.
Miami, FL, US
Amazon's status message tells me little, but it's likely that the local infrastructure is fine, and the property is still standing, still having either a front door or a porch.

So hopefully the recipient is as okay as being bedbound allows.