Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

ElectroMix is available again

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by SOC, Aug 4, 2015.

1. SOC

SOC

A number of us used ElectroMix for our electrolyte drink to help with OI. Unfortunately, it became unavailable last April, leaving us in the lurch. It is one of the few (the only one?) without sugar and folic acid.

Iherb now has ElectroMix again. Presumably other sources have it, too. :thumbsup: It looks like it costs about 25% more than it used to. :(

mango, Bob, Sushi and 3 others like this.
  2. SDSue

SDSue Southeast

Florida
    Is this used instead-of or in-addition-to sodium based electrolyte mixes? I’m confused (again!), particularly by the high manganese. Thanks.

3. SOC

SOC

In my case, instead of. I get plenty of sodium in my diet (as do most Americans) so I'm looking for potassium and a balance of other electrolytes.

I was told that primarily-sodium electrolyte drinks are designed for athletes who are losing sodium as a result of exercise, while balanced electrolyte mixes are what is needed by people who need rehydration for other reasons. I don't know if this is true, but it sounded reasonable to me. ;) Also, since I take Florinef, I need much more potassium than sodium, so a potassium mix is much more valuable to me than a sodium-based one. Even so, I have to take extra potassium.

SDSue and Bob like this.
  4. belize44

belize44 Senior Member

Pennsylvania
    Well, I am disappointed that the price has gone up so much! I have missed this, and tried some other brands for awhile. Guess I'll just have to pay it!:grumpy:

mango and SOC like this.
  5. perchance dreamer

perchance dreamer Senior Member

I loved ElectroMix, but all the citric acid really made my teeth hurt.

6. mango

mango Senior Member

thanks for letting us know, @SOC! unfortunately, it seems the first batch on iHerb is sold out already... i wasn't quick enough.

7. Sushi

Sushi Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    I just successfully put it in my cart at Iherb, try again!

mango likes this.
  8. mango

mango Senior Member

?! i've tried again, refreshed and restarted my browser etc. still getting the message "Out of Stock
    Estimated availability time: Monday, August 10"...

thanks anyway :)

Sushi likes this.
  9. Sushi

Sushi Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Something weird. I just checked out with 3 boxes! I wonder if they have different sites in different countries? Hope you can get yours.

10. mango

mango Senior Member

yay! congrats, i'm happy for you! :)

geoblocking taking new forms? yes, when i go to iherb.com i'm always redirected to se.iherb.com, but until now i sort of assumed that it was only the interface (prices, legal info, etc) and perhaps certain types of products that were different, not the actual number of available items. oh, well...

i'm signed up for email nofitications for when electromix is back in stock, but haven't received any yet.

Sushi likes this.
  11. SOC

SOC

I just checked out with ElectroMix in my cart, too.

mango and Sushi like this.
  12. mango

mango Senior Member

yay! today i got the "in stock" notification email, there was no "out of stock" message on the website, and i was finally allowed to place my order! :D

Sushi, SOC and Bob like this.

See more popular forum discussions.