August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Electromagnetic hypersensitivity, building biology, mold, etc.

Discussion in 'Hypersensitivity and Intolerance' started by Sam7777, May 2, 2016.

  1. Sam7777

    Sam7777 Senior Member

    Messages:
    110
    Likes:
    53
    Curious to know who all here has ever experienced EHS/EMF sensitivity issues. Albeit it is a somewhat broad interpretatin. It could include sensitivity to indoor lighting and blue lights as well.

    I am debating on staying either in a tent or in a tool shed building we have which only has some wiring, which I can cut the breaker off to. Since the emf consultant people say that the house itself has too many wiring electrical fields and electrosmog it is just more simple to remediate and avoid this in a small shed or a tent.

    There's the whole grounding pad thing. But I was told these things tend to be counter productive. They're problematic if you use them around electric pollution. Perhaps in the shed i could use one. (you're suppose to get a grounding rod made of copper, so its a hassle as well).

    Actually a grounding pad is fairly extraneous. The real issue is just being barefoot outside more, and making sure you sleep away from cordless phones, wifi, indoor wiring and outlets, cell phones, indoor lighting, especially CFL bulbs, metal coiling in mattresses....


    Honestly I can't say how sure of this stuff I am. But it was that stuff or mold or outgassing or maybe all three. And I wanted to just get away from all of it. I don't stand much to lose by sleeping in a shed to experiment for a while to see how my sleep changes.

    Consultants and tests to find emf pollution and mold in buildings can be really expensive obviously. I've had some pretty bad symptoms with sleep and memory for a long time that didn't really add up. And I developed really severe histamine symptoms that were specific to a location that had more EMF. I'd leave and it'd get better, come back and it'd hit me like a lightswitch flipped on.
     
  2. junkcrap50

    junkcrap50 Senior Member

    Messages:
    140
    Likes:
    162
    If EMF is a problem wbile sleeping, why not buy and use an EMF bed canopy? Several EMF sites sell canopy sets that drap over your bed (and line the underside of the mattress) to completely encase you in a faraday cage? I don't remember the prices on them, but I think it was sort of expensive. You could always buy EMF shielding fabric and make your own too (maybe use less fabric too). LessEMF.com likely has one of the canopies, and I've ordered a few things from them.

    I've had the same concerns about grounding matts/sheets if used in EMF pollution. But I've been thinking of eventually buying a EMF canopy and using the grounding sheets inside of it, so any antenna-like effect of the grounding pad from any EM waves is negated. I don't have any EMF sensitivities, but I'm intrigued by it all and think it'd be worthwhile for longterm health maintenance. I think with chronic health issues, it would take too much barefoot walking to make a difference vs a grounding pad.

    As for mold testing, there is one inexpensive, primilary test you can use. You can buy some cheap mold screening agar culture plates that you place throughout your home, which collects any mold spores that falls on it (from AC blowing it around) and cultures them. Then, put them in a warm place and see if any mold grows on them. I've bought them here: https://www.microbalancehealthproducts.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1819 , but you can probably buy them or similar screening tests on amazon.
     
    SickOfSickness and Sam7777 like this.
  3. Sam7777

    Sam7777 Senior Member

    Messages:
    110
    Likes:
    53
    Yup magneto mattresses and canopies are hellaciously expensive. Grounding pads are trickier, but the emf consultant interview said that if you can get clear of all the electric pollution, which is hard, then they may be ok.
    Actually I think the issue is that you need some distance between your body and the pad so the positive spike fields can't touch you and the negative side up can get to you, and whatever you put on top of it has to conduct moisture like leaves or wool or leather. Kinda complicated stuff. Guy even said that the grounding rod has to be 10 foot down in the ground to bypass stray voltage in the ground (which is a problem in the states because of how the return electricity is set up with the contact current going 70 percent back into the ground towards the power lines to the power station).
     
    SickOfSickness likes this.
  4. Sam7777

    Sam7777 Senior Member

    Messages:
    110
    Likes:
    53
    This is a very disturbing video...

     
  5. Sam7777

    Sam7777 Senior Member

    Messages:
    110
    Likes:
    53

See more popular forum discussions.

Share This Page