1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: In Free Fall Through the Looking Glass
Jody Smith continues to try to put into words the horror of the altered state that hobbles the brains of those with ME/CFS...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Eleanor Stein et al How to Improve Therapeutic Relationships between ME patients and practitioners

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Firestormm, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    How to improve therapeutic encounters between patients with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Health Care Practitioners

3 September 2013

Eleanor Stein MD, FRCP(C)
    Psychiatrist in Private Practice and
    Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Calgary
    Calgary, Alberta Canada
    Email: espc@eleanorsteinmd.ca

Eva Stormorken RN, CRNA, MNSc, PhD Candidate
    Independent Contractor, Norway
    Email: Eva.Stormorken@online.no

Bengt Karlsson RN, Family Therapist, Dr. Polit - Professor in mental health care at Buskerud University College, Faculty of Health Sciences, Norway
    Email: Bengt.Karlsson@hibu.no

Any thoughts? Thanks :)
    alex3619 likes this.
  2. GaryK

GaryK

Canada Niagara Falls
    Elenor Stein goes against the clique of Psychiatry. I have felt she is on our side all the way and works to separate typical Psychiatry takes on ME vs Depression based patients. In other words she weeds out the Bunk that we hear all the time from the Psychiarty Docs.and reseach coming from them.. So It doesn't surprise me that she would take the time to follow up on this work in terms of Patients and their Medical personel relationships. I have not read this paper yet but will do so tonight.
    Gary K
  3. peggy-sue

peggy-sue

Scotland
    But it's still all just about flannelling the patients!
    Listen to them, :thumbsup: validate their feelings, :thumbsup: admit there is controversy :p ...

before going on to impose your own beliefs in the psychosocial model.:devil:

See more popular forum discussions.