1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Ehlers-Danlos anybody? (Hypermobility)

Discussion in 'Skeleton, Skin, Muscles, Hair, Teeth, and Nails' started by Sushi, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Uno

Uno Senior Member

Brighton, United Kingdom
    Professor Graham didn't believe in M.E so I didn't push the subject - he said all my symptoms of fatigue and pain were down to the EDS. What's prolotherapy and Hyawhatsy? Not heard of them Sara x
    warriorseekspeace likes this.
  2. sleepy237

sleepy237 Senior Member

Hell
    I have hypermobility syndrome also but EDS was never mentioned by rheumatology in diagnosing in 2006. I am aware that type 3 EDS may well be HMS benign type but its never been mentioned, wish I could see P. Graham but too far to travel for me im other end of country. @ Sarah Idk what Hyaroulonic Acid is but will sure look into it thank you.
  3. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Uno. I see. Ta.

@ sleepy: There was a clinic in Leeds, but I think it's now gone. One was planned for manchester... not sure what happened.
  4. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    I had prolotherapy in the ligaments around my knees and it helped moderately but hurt like hell! They inject sugar and lidocaine (as I remember). The sugar is just an irritant that makes the ligament respond by growing stronger. The Hyaroulonic Acid is a supplement. That one didn't help me. What helps me the most is pilates.

Sushi
    warriorseekspeace likes this.
  5. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    I am looking to have prolotherapy done, amazing how many in the medical field don't know about it. I mentioned it to a few people that were giving me PT.

I had a labral tear that was fixed surgically but I hurt myself while healing(fog and fatigue), so I never felt any better, perhaps worse after the surgery. I also did not know that I had Fibro at the time, not sure if that really matters, but I am under the impression that it does?!

Sushi, you make this sound painful! Or perhaps it is because of where you had it, in your knee? I had a bunch 5 or 6 trigger point injections done last Wednsday, seems to have helped my back pain, but not the hip! Want to get back on my bike a little more this year, so hope to get the hip in better shape, still need to get a HRM so I don't over do it also! Cannot afford PEM and missing work!!

GG
  6. TinyT

TinyT Senior Member

Australia
    My Brighton score is at least 5. I also have abnormal skin signs, arthralgia, history of soft tissue rheumatism, & myopia. Used to be a dancer and was/is very hypermobile!

Any tips on getting this diagnosed?

Ah, I also have moderate-severe POTS

See more popular forum discussions.