• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Education programs - be careful what you wish for

Dolphin

I think people have people have to be careful when they ask for education programs on CFS.

Personally I would not be happy for doctors to be taught that what patients need is graded exercise therapy (GET) and CBT based on GET.

But education courses esp. by random professionals are much more likely to recommend them than many treatments professionals use but which there isn't a good "evidence base" (randomised controlled trials).

The approach I've prepared is that useful documents are drawn up and then circulated rather than just asking for education but not knowing what you'll get.

I've lots and lots and lots of work to do so I may not be able to contribute much to this thread but thought I'd start a thread here rather than hijacking somebody else's thread.