Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Education for doctors in Sweden?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Tia, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Tia

Tia Senior Member

Hey Guys!

I was just wonderng what happens in scandinavia when it comes to educating the doctors about XMRV? Norway seem to know a great deal but what about Sweden and Finland? I know they held a seminar in Denmark, Copenhagen not long ago.

2. Leitwolf

Leitwolf

Austria
    I think there is one huge difference between Norway and the other scandinavian countries when it comes to CFS: Norway is rich, it will invest into the future of it's people. Btw: If you are from sweden you should have similiar institution like the austrian "Volksanwalt", maybe you call it "ombudsmn" in sweden. Did you ever refer to them with the agenda CFS ?

3. sensing progress

sensing progress Senior Member

Tucson, AZ
    I thought Sweden and Finland are quite wealthy also. Is Norway that much ahead of them?

4. Leitwolf

Leitwolf

Austria
    Sure... behind Qatar and Kuwait, together with the Emirates Norway is one of the biggest oil producers/capita in the world. So they have more money than they could actually consume.

See more popular forum discussions.