1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Editorial in British Medical Journal

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Kati, Feb 10, 2010.

1. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    Amazing letters all you guys! I'm awed. Thank you.
  2. starryeyes

starryeyes Senior Member

Bay Area, California
    Congratulations Gerwyn! Great letters everyone.
  3. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    You guys are good! Those kinds of letters: informative, fact-based - warm my heart. I think it's really hard for people to ignore stuff like that. What I think works is to highlight the gap between CBT's results and a real treatment option that returns one to health. Symptomatic improvement for some people is not a return to functioning and shouldn't be presented like it is - but I think people are mixed up between the two. OF course highlighting how often it doesn't work and the fact that it can have very negative effects is equally important. That's the kind of stuff I think will get across and bring us to the next phase - finding real treatments. Thanks :D
  4. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

5th letter in Irish Medical Times

Thanks to everyone who wrote in, whether your letter was published or not.

http://www.imt.ie/opinion/2010/04/cbt_is_not_a_cure_for_me.html

See more popular forum discussions.