1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.
  1. mstrlucky74

mstrlucky74

Ok I have a posted a few time before and for some reason I though just my HHV-6 IgG was high 1:1280 but looking at the rest of the "abnormal summary" here are the results. Can someone shed some light on the EBV part? Also will the Valcyte help with the EBV too(if the results below suggest something active)Thanks.

EBV-VCA,IGG -------423.0 Normal <18.0
    EBV-NUCLEAR ANTIGEN,IgG------->600 Normal 18.00

Thanks.
  2. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA
    Do you have the normal ranges for your tests?

It's not unusual to have both EBV and HHV-6 active in ME/CFS.
  3. vamah

vamah Senior Member

Washington , DC area
    Valcye is effective for ebv as well as hhv 6.
  4. mstrlucky74

mstrlucky74

Thanks very much. I have the normal ranges at home(in office) and will post later. Was not sure even though these are very high(abnormal) if those tests I listed indicate active infection.
  5. mstrlucky74

mstrlucky74

Just added the normal ranges in my first post. Again, this could be an non-active form of EBV correct? What indicated active or inactive
  6. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    SOC likes this.
  7. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    I was told my HH6v reactivated my EBV (I has hh6v first then one year or so got EBV)
  8. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA

It's never that clear. Titres that much out of range in an ME/CFS patient, or any other immune compromised patient, is extremely likely to be indicative of a chronic infection.

Ema's link to Holtorf should be helpful in understanding the issues (and confusion) about herpesvirus titres.

See more popular forum discussions.