• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

EBV and Antibiotics

Hello everybody,

I am new here and my english is not good. Sorry!!! I come from germany and I have CFS/ME since 3 years.

Now I have heavy Helicobacter pylori and I need Antibiotics. I have it since a few months, but now it hurts too much.
Now I will get Metronidazol and Amoxycillin. But I read that Amoxycillin is maybe a Problem if you habe EBV. And EBV, I often have a reactivation. Now again. I`m afraid that I will get MORE Problems with EBV if I take Amoxycillin.
Maybe I will better take any alternatives Antibiotics?
At the moment I have no doctor how knows anything about CFS/ME/Reactivation.....Only a "normal" doctor.

Has everyone any experiences with this?
Thank you so much and I hope you understand me a little bit.

Greetings from germany,
pleasehelp

Violeta

The herb lomatium is antibacterial and antiviral so it will help with the EBV and hopefully deal with h pylori at the same time.

Some people get good results for h pylori with myrrh plus mastic gum.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
I have never used it but I hear a lot about Olive Leaf Extract being anti-viral.
Also if you do take the antibiotic I presume you will supplement with a probiotic?

There is one made in Germany that many here are trying to get a hold of--Mutaflor. There are now a number of probiotics of good quality and various strains. I hope you find some help.
greetings from Canada and welcome to PR.