A New Decade of ME Research: The 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry presents the first in a series of articles on the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Ebola after affects, it's causing a post viral syndrome!

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by taniaaust1, Dec 15, 2014.

1. taniaaust1

taniaaust1

Sth Australia
    I think a lot of us will relate to this article in some way. Its making me feel mad that they are even considering that "stress" could be causing this

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/afric...-ebola-after-effects-2014121573521561384.html

I suggest to go to link and read full article but I'll cut and paste a bit for those who cant read much

"just stress". Seriously the medical profession needs to stop this. Why cant they just accept that viruses can cause "real" affects in people due to some damage which has been done to the body or if they dont understand what it is.

I found that bit about the eyes extremely interesting as I wonder if that is what causes my eye pain with light at times (I cant handle a bright computer screen most of time) . I also get blurred vision at times. . Ive never have heard the name for this condition before. Who diagnoses "Uveitis"? When Ive been bad with my eyes, Ive never seen an eye doctor or been refered to one.

I suspect the peeling of the skin many are suffering as an after affect.. is probably due to all the chlorine which was put on it when they were in the clinics. Chlorine can cause dry skin etc. Probably damaged skin.. breathing issues .. possibly after affects of all the Chlorine fumes?. Trouble sleeping wouldnt be surprising either after being in one of those hell hole ebola clinics watching everyone die around you.

But I seriously wonder from the other things (joint pain, headaches and who knows what else) if these survivors now do have a post viral syndrome" and will they later be getting ME/CFS diagnoses?. Thou very unfortunate to them, Its interesting that they are getting new symptoms weeks later. I wonder where it will lead for them.. will they also go on and develop things like dysautonomia like we do?

Maybe something could be learned about ME/CFS from these survivors if researchers end up paying them any attention.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  2. daisybell

daisybell Senior Member

New Zealand
    I've had uveitis before.... Way back when I was a teenager... I didn't go down with ME until my 30s, but everything like this I read just strengthens the auto-immune picture for me.

taniaaust1 likes this.
  3. Sherlock

Sherlock tart cherry etc. for joints, insomnia

Czechosherlockia, USA
    Dr. Manny: Will you be the same person if you survive Ebola?
    [​IMG]
    By Dr. Manny Alvarez

Published October 06, 2014
    http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/10/06/will-be-same-person-if-survive-ebola/

beaker and taniaaust1 like this.
  4. Sherlock

Czechosherlockia, USA
    By Jessica FirgerCBS NewsJuly 30, 2014, 5:51 AM
    Surviving Ebola: For those who live through it, what lies ahead?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/surviving-ebola-for-those-who-live-through-it-what-lies-ahead/

beaker and taniaaust1 like this.
  5. Sherlock

Czechosherlockia, USA
    Ebola Virus Disease (Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever)
    http://www.emedicinehealth.com/ebola_virus_disease_ebola_hemorrhagic_fever/page5_em.htm

6. Sherlock

Czechosherlockia, USA
    Salient points of Ebola virus disease
    http://arabhealthmagazine.com/salient-points-of-ebola-virus-disease/

7. beaker

beaker ME/cfs 1986

USA
    Another article on it.

It doesn't sound like it's ME, but the mechanisms could be very similar. One of the key reason it interests me is the amount of research money that is being thrown at it. Might end up helping us.

leokitten, halcyon, Mij and 1 other person like this.
  8. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    It sounds horrible. There do seem to be similarities to ME, but not exactly the same. I wonder if Lipkin could get any government funding to study it, and perhaps compare it to ME, thereby getting research funds for ME.

I'm waiting for some nasty individual, or group of researchers, to call it a meme or a first-world developing-world cultural phenomenon; A cultural sickness. :rolleyes:

halcyon, taniaaust1, beaker and 2 others like this.
  9. taniaaust1

taniaaust1

Sth Australia
    That's a great idea Bob, our researchers need sneaky ways to get their funding, thou he's busy right now doing that other ME/CFS study I think.

I'd be worried thou he could end up finding Ebola easier to study then ME/CFS. Hate to loose him to another disease even if it was ebola.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
    Bob likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.