1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hunting down the cause of ME/CFS & other challenging disorders - Lipkin in London
In a talk to patients in London on 3rd September, Dr. W. Ian Lipkin described the extraordinary lengths he and his team are prepared to go to in order to track down the source of an illness, with examples ranging from autism to the strange case of Kawasaki disease.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Easy Solution to Treat CFS - Dr. Oz

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by Wayne, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    I also just wrote Judy Mikovits. You can bet she won't be too thrilled with Dr Oz.

Damn, this really infuriates me! :Retro mad:
    Oz's recommendation is like giving someone with diabetes a bucket to pee in and telling them it will "relieve" them of their condition.

2. Dreambirdie

N. California
    EMAIL NOTE FROM DR DONNICA:

"Aargh! I will check it out + get back to you. I've been traveling + just returned so am WAY behind on email etc. But pleased to report that Brian is in a remission phase + doing great! He's even playing a little soccer w his old team! This is a kid who was bed-ridden or housebound from Nov to April. (+ we did try D-ribose, but not bc Dr Oz recommended it)

Donnica"

3. Dreambirdie

N. California
    MY LETTER TO DR OZ SHOW

My inquiry is: Why is Dr Oz spreading misinformation about CFS?

I am a member of a large forum (of over 800 active members) of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) patients. I write to speak for many of us who are shocked and infuriated with Dr Oz's very recent GMA segment with George S., in which he recommended CFS patients DRINK GREEN TEA and take RIBOSE to help relieve them of their symptoms. What was he thinking?!

Doesn't Dr Oz remember, from his own show's segment last December with Donnica Moore, that CFS is a serious debilitating and infectious neuro immune disease, that has a retroviral component? Here's a link to refresh his memory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WEUC7hRXzM

And here is another link for more information about CFS:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7VdXX9P58w

We PWC's who have been ill with this condition for so many years, and some of us for decades, would really appreciate it if Dr Oz could go back on GMA and make the necessary corrections.

thank you XXXXXXXXX

4. dipic

dipic Senior Member

What clowns these people are. God our society is fucked up.

5. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    Hi again Dreambirdie,

Thanks for the response from Dr. Donnica. Gives me hope that this will get some attention at both ABC News and with Dr. Oz. You've actually got me on somewhat of a roll here this morning. I just went back to ABC's GMA and left a followup comment:

6. Cloud

Cloud Guest

<----scratching my head confused. Why does Dr Oz still not get it after all that pounding they took last year over the very issue of equating CFS to exhaustion. He did the show with Dr T...and then we pounded him with email on his lack of understanding of CFS....he seemed gracious in agreeing to a redo which turned out to be a much more informed show....not perfect, but better. Now we are back to exhaustion and treating it with tea and d-ribose? Sounds to me like it's the producers confusing the message, because Dr Oz must know better by now, especially after talking with WPI reps. He may be regretting putting his reputation at the mercy of a tv network. Anyhow, I do like the idea of getting hold of George S.

I know we all respond differently to things, but a year of quality D-Ribose didn't do a thing for me except drain my wallet. I think the reason is (for me) that it does no good to directly fuel dysfunctional and damaged mitochondria without first correcting the cause of it's malfunction. I think the same is true for taking L-Carnitine. It's like holding the gas and the brake both to the floor. Just my theory.

7. Dreambirdie

N. California
    Hi Wayne--

It's amazing how much I can get done when I'm wired, exhausted and pissed off.

The two of us are a force to be reckoned with this morning.

8. leaves

leaves Senior Member

Green tea huh??!

Awesome, who would have thought....

*walks to kitchen*

9. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    LOL!

I too thank you DB for all you did in getting the man behind the curtain to do the original show six+ months ago -- and for writing Dr. Moore -- that was a great idea -- I'm sure she'll be able to eventually get GMA to do another segment in the next month or so -- especially if/when the FDA/NIH study comes out.

Having said that, I'm not at all surprised that Oz still doesn't get it. He and his show are all about quick fixes, easy answers, and making HIM look like the 'go-to' man for those answers. And of course he doesn't have them...

10. Greggory Blundell

Greggory Blundell *****

New Jersey, USA
    Oz is all about pandoring to his demographics. I have no energy to spend on how irrelevant the man is to us.

11. Forbin

Forbin Forbin

I feel inspired to write a book entitled From Fatigued to Furious. I bet it would sell.

12. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    Nice!!

I posted:

13. BEG

BEG Senior Member

Southeast US
    So Oz thinks he's the wizard with all the answers? Well, let the impersonator follow the yellow brick road to obscurity.

14. xrayspex

xrayspex Senior Member

u.s.a.
    george s.

george might be the more important one to write? maybe he reaches more people and we want that news show to know about all this xmrv controversy we should write him about that as part of oz response

15. Rrrr

Rrrr Senior Member

thanks! i wrote dr oz, too!!!

16. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    thanks for the link! sent the Oz show a note too.

17. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    I agree, bunch of ass clowns!

18. Recovery Soon

Recovery Soon Senior Member

He is getting this straight from Teitelbaum, who is one of his "experts" Energy crisis- what a joke.

19. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Hopefully it was just something with the production. I am not going to waste my time either in trying to "educate" him.

20. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    He is definitely Teitelbaum's bed buddy. He has made a lot of other groups mad as well, by making light of the seriousness of their particular disease. His answer to everything is green tea, cordyceps and Vitamin D. Most of the time if he has someone in the audience ask a question, he will spit out some blurg of a comment and walk of from them. He needs to stick with the "health facts" like how much fat and sugar we eat each year and do his "guinea pig" weight loss people. His show is only 30 minutes and it has at least 15 minutes worth of commercials. I really think he is a pretty intelligent guy, but he has rode on Oprah's back into a position where he has lost touch with how serious some of these diseases are and how demeaning it is to go on national TV ridicule people inflicted with these deseases with comepletely unfounded treatment suggestions. I do not believe his show will be renewed another year. I personally wish he would take a disease and focus the entire show on it and really dig into it deep. He could cover CFS, Autism, Lymes, MS and Morgellons. I'm just geussing, but I imagine the truth behind all of these diseases are different than they were 3-5 years ago and they are all getting stiffeled due to politics and bureaucracies. It would be nice to see him pull a stunt like demanding that the FDA/NIH paper be released and challenge (the UK I believe) to unseal the documents that they have sealed. Now that would make a good show!! Oh well!!

See more popular forum discussions.