1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Easily Sunburn Face Due to Mercury in Brain?

Discussion in 'Skeleton, Skin, Muscles, Hair, Teeth, and Nails' started by taroki, Oct 6, 2013.

1. taroki

taroki Senior Member

Ontario, Canada
    Can anyone confirm whether having face that gets sunburn easily is due to mercury in the brain?

My face has always been easily sunburn which has gotten worse over the years. It is also darker than the rest of my body. A few months ago I took too high of a dose of ALA by mistake, and not only did my neurological symptoms get worse (which was pretty scary), my face now gets sunburn a lot more easily to the point where I need to drive with a mask on otherwise my face gets sunburn even when in the car for a few minutes!

Any other possible causes of my face getting sunburn easily? Even plucking eyebrows hurts. :-(
  2. Forebearance

Forebearance Senior Member

Great Plains, US
    Could you be low in B vitamins? That causes me to sunburn more easily.
  3. L'engle

L'engle moderate ME

Canada
    I also get a bad reaction from the sun from almost any exposure. I think it is part of many autoimmune issues. Mine is almost an instant reaction that may not actually be a sunburn but gets red and irritated for the next day with even a bit of sun. It's really annoying. Someone on an iherb review claims that B5 and PABA together helped them to not burn but they may have totally different causes. It might be worth a try though.
  4. taroki

taroki Senior Member

Ontario, Canada
    So for you guys it's not the mercury?
  5. aimossy

aimossy Senior Member

NZ
    since I got sick with ME I have been having sun reactions. If I get very mild redness from the sun which is quick down in nz in summer I break out in hives.
    I think its immune reaction/ relationship of some sort.:)
  6. IreneF

IreneF Senior Member

Some drugs, including some common antibiotics, cause you to be extra sensitive to sunlight. So can some skin treatments. Or you could just have sensitive skin. Perhaps you should see a dermatologist.
  7. taroki

taroki Senior Member

Ontario, Canada
    But I still wonder what is the link between sunburn and mercury? I notice after accidentally taking too high dose of ALA, my brain mercury symptoms worsened by a lot, and the sunburn problem was so bad that after driving around in broad daylight and coming home, my face was burnt! I had worn a mask while driving ever since.

Also I did not have much of this problem when I was a kid, before all those mercury amalgam fillings.

See more popular forum discussions.