• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Earthing....Your experience....

maddietod

I don't remember what reaction you're talking about, but whatever happened stopped when I quit using the sheet. I remember tingling, and I think I remember poorer sleep. But I'd have to go find my notes to be sure.

It certainly didn't improve the quality of my sleep.

It's great that it works for you.

golden

i lie on the grass in summer to earth. i often wonder if this is why i am worse in winter , because i do not earth enougb or at all.

i can feel a difference when the static leaves me. my eyesight feels clearer and stronger and i become more present.

Abha

Abha
I purchased my Recovery Bag a short time ago.I use it to sleep in at night.So far I don't feel much difference(than before)but then these things can take time.Hopefully "Earthing "will make my blood run like Red wine and not be like Ketchup(as Dr Sinatra states/Youtube/video)My sleep is still poor(was on circadian tablets but my supply has run out....now back on melatonin(3mg/timed release)...sleep still poor...waken up usually feeling terrible(that way for years).Staph in nose/sinuses/throat(?)may be responsible for some of this.Dr Klinghardt mentions in one of his videos (Youtube)that electro smog(in house/bedroom)needs dealing with/eliminated.I now turn off my radio/lights completely(pull out plugs from sockets).If possible(esp in USA)it seems that it is a good idea to paint the house(outside)to protect against Electro Smog.One should avoid cordless phones too.

golden

I got it!!!

I dont believe it doesn't have electricity running through it.

They tell me the tingles are normal. They are the earths electrons.

I am going to purchase a tester kit.

I have had vivid dreams. And muscles that have gone extremely relaxed and heavy.

I am wary though just in case it does have electricity running through it.

Abha

Abha
Hi Golden,
I see you have purchased an earthing sheet(bag?).Hopefully it will help with your illness(in long term).Lots about it on you tube and I have listened to most of the videos on that subject there.I have a multimeter(testing unit too)but as yet, I'm unable to use it.I use an earthing pad at the computer too.Electro smog/mold are very bad for folk such as ourselves(Drs Shoemaker/Mercola/and Klinghardt)

rawpoweraus..Austrailia has good youtube clips re this subject and about testing units too.Here is a link...

His testing unit seems much easier to use than mine...not sure of the make.

One thing I have noticed since using the bag is that the athlete's foot(always bad in my case)seems to be disappearing(for a while?)...all pharmacy sprays etc have proved useless over the years.I used tea tree oil too...that really aggravates things there(rickettsia infections?)etc..but nothing has ever got rid of it.I have used powder again on it before going to bed...so that may have helped too....sleep may have been aided too but I'm back on another sleeping tablet(most sleeping tabs don't work in my case)

golden

Abha ,

your you tube video is ASTONISHING! I super like it. Wow!

for anyone in the UK I have found out that Original Earthing (link above) hires out on a weekly basis of £7 testers.

I imagine getting in the grounding blanket - if its working the electricity reading will drop. (if there is electricity coming through it will rise )

I did buy the half sheet but it wraps almost right round me like a bag. It was 78 pounds as a seconds- its never been used by another person before though....

your fungal improvement is very promising... this suggests an immune system healing to me.

static is supposed to be very bad for the immune system. i have a lot of it. i also ruined my house electrics and cars electrics - i don't know how... so this maybe particularly important tool for me.

brilliant! :)

I tried an earthing sheet and an earthing band. Neither one did anything for me. Which only means that this is all very individual, right?

I did not feel any difference either.
I did not puchase anything, just tried sitting or walking on grass barefoot for as long as I could for a few days. I discovered that walking barefoot on grass helped the pain in the soles of my feet a bit better than the best insoles in good shoes do. But it did not help this illness.

Abha

Abha
Redrachel,

There is no quick fix for any illness...in my case in 70th year(almost now)....one has to live with it and hopefully alleviate it as best one can.I think things like Earthing are long term...elimination of mold/electro smog etc are important too.I think with long term illness(lyme/parasites/rickettsia infections etc)...which many CFS/ME patients seem to have(whatever the cause)....the blood becomes very thick("ketchupy "as Dr Sinatra describes it)He will have observed that from his heart operation patients).I know my blood was very thick as far back as 1982...Anything that helps to make our blood thinner/flow better is surely a good thing.It(Earthing)seems to have other benefits too.
In Africa(when I worked there)I saw many students/others go barefoot..and they appeared very healthy/strong too.I'm not suggesting that one has to buy an earth sheet/bag to feel the benefits of Earthing....nor do I speak for any of those companies.From youtube I see that one can make their own earthing products.....

In time I'll be interested to hear Golden how you get on with your earthing experience(s).

golden

Abha,

If I don't post now I will forget.

The tester is just like the you tube video. My house is Earthed and there doesn't seem to be any electric running through the farthing blanket (this CAN happen through the earthing connection in the socket).

Where I was sleeping I had 4 volts of electricity in me. After the earthing sheet it went down to 0.11 and then rests at 0.06-0.08volts.

The surges of what felt like 'electricity' through me settled down as did the 'pins' . The first night I had it fully wrapped right around me all night I woke up feeling great - my muscles were toned and tight, i felt a soft, creamy relaxed feel - not a harsh wired feel... and i thought great!

I was expecting that again, the next night, but no. All week I have been wiped out and sleeping loads- and I don't seem to have whatever i need to repair during sleep. Or else i suppose if i am being positive - it could be a real deeper healing occurring.

I am going to try a grounding rod this week - direct to the earth to see if this changes anything.

I know one thing, its not good having voltage running through you.

When I held an electricity extension cable - my voltage went up to 14volts! :)

I also have the grounding flip flops as in principle - i am 100% on board.

Abha

Abha
Hi Golden,
You seem to have had a positive experience and it is good that you can work your voltmeter.I have one(was quite expensive) but as yet, I can't figure how it works.It is not the same as the one on Youtube.I doubt if the Earthing rod in ground will make much of a difference.The wall outlets(if earthed)should work just as good.Sleep is a tricky thing.This past year I have had big problems re that...was on all types of tabs/melatonin/lithium orotate too..Then one evening I forgot to take my sleeping tablet and I slept ok without it.Since then I haven't used them again.I use my Recovery Bag(earthing)...Some nights I have to go to the toilet but at my age that is fairly normal(I believe)..Last eve.I got about 5.5hrs/6 hrs sleep.I never wake up feeling refreshed...It takes me ages to get going!Do you think the flip flops are working?

golden

I will report back more on the grounding rod and what the earthing guy told me After i have taken readings and experienced it.

Fortunately, i became completely drug intolerant relatively early on - and although this left me initially in excruciating pain - i think not taking drugs has been my saving grace. I probably could now, but i would choose not to unless it was anesthetic needed etc. in an emergency situation.

I haven't been up to test flip flops yet as I am sleeping 13 hours straight and then during the day and in between posting too LOL :)

But- my friend has a hole in each sole of their trainers and the electricity readings were much less - meaning the holes were grounding him!! :)

Its a typical pattern of something initially seeming beneficial followed by exhaustion....

That doesn't sound like much sleep that you are getting Abha, do you want some of mine :)

Abha

Abha
Hi Golden,
Thanks for the link..I'll have a look at it later...busy at moment.You are sleeping a lot.In my younger days before my illness took hold(many years ago)I was a good sleeper.At that time it refreshed me too...not so now!If flip flops are made from leather the grounding may be good(shoes made of leather/soles too...grounded...mentioned by one expert on Youtube).I hope yours work ok.

sianrecovery

From my own experience, dealing with this has made a huge and measurable difference to my life. But then, I was someone with eletrosensitivity who is living in a city on the fifteenth floor. I knew I needed to do something. I had someone come and do a survey on my flat - but you dont really need that, just the right equipment, which you can hire - and found the three places I spent the most time - bed, sofa, on the laptop - all exposed me to very high EMF's. Since then, I've slept grounded, and when I work on the computer, am grounded. I used the sheets that Ober talks about, then Roy Riggs sheets in the UK, I like him, think he's a good guy, and now use also product called the GIO which is american, think the website it grounditout, but you can get in the UK from Niki Gratrix website.
I dont think for a minute this stuff applies to everyone, but it did me, and dealing with it improved energy, sleep, function. Not a cure, but a definite improvement. And no, I'm not getting any kickbacks from anyone.

Abha

Abha
Hi sianrecovery

Thanks for letting us know your experience of Grounding/Earthing.Glad to hear that you have had positive experience too.
What is the GIO product that you mention?
I see you are living on the 15th Floor and I believe on looking at a video on youtube(Australian chap?)that the higher one goes the higher is the voltage in one's body.
How long have you been using your sheet?

I started using an Earthing throw last October (2012). Initially what I noticed was emotional-spiritual: a pervasive sense of well-being/comfort/consolation. The next thing I noticed was a few days later at my OT, who has been working for the past couple of years on a very-slow-to-heal rotator cuff injury in my shoulder, healing hampered by inflammation and fiery trigger points that she just couldn't touch (I'm extremely fortunate to have an OT who is extraordinarily sensitive to CFIDS etc., who can "read" me well to know how much to push on a given day, and who knows not to exceed my energy bounds in any given session). Well, that day and for the next 3 sessions, she was increasingly able to release some triggers that had just been stuck and immobile. I definitely attribute this to the Earthing. Update: Although some stressors set me back a bit, I can almost instantly eliminate trigger flare-ups and muscle pains by wrapping the spot in my Earthing throw.

My second testimonial is second-hand: a friend who was dying of liver cancer used one of the Earthing pads that I loaned her over her abdomen. Up until the time of her death, she refused pain meds, insisting that there was no pain, which she attributed to the Earthing mat (this is liver cancer, normally excruciating).

So: no cure for CFIDS (yet?!), but I'm convinced it helps to reduce inflammation, at the very least.

Abha

Abha
Hi Gretac,

Sorry to hear about your friend(RIP)...but glad to hear that she had no pain.

Glad to hear too that you seem to have had positive Earthing experiences.
Recently here we have had bad weather(deep snow/strong winds).I think some of the weather charts indicated lightning too.I was wondering if anyone has ever been electrocuted while using an Earthing device(in a thunderstorm situation.)I think it states on a leaflet that one shouldn't use the bag/sheet(earthing)in such circumstances.

golden

I definitely prefer earthing via a grounding rod and not via the plug, even though the voltage is slightly higher than through the plug.

I don't know why - but It feels better for me and my body feels better too.

I have had a break from the earthing blanket and am starting it again tonight but with the grounding rod. Its a nuisance as the lead has to run round half the house to go out the right window to earth... but still!

The lightning question is interesting!