Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Earth Pulse experiences?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Ema, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    I realize this is a long shot, but does anyone have an Earth Pulse, or have knowledge of the systems?

Our vet has recommended we use PEMF for Cricket after treatment/surgery for a torn meniscus. I'm trying to figure out what system to buy, in a hurry (which is never ideal), and am feeling quite a lot overwhelmed by it all.

Thanks!

2. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    I am not familiar with Earth Pulse (or even if this is just a treatment for dogs vs. humans?!) but am wondering if you should put this question in the dog thread, too? Is Cricket having the surgery for sure?

Ema likes this.
  3. Dabam

Dabam

Can't help with the Earth pulse sorry

But just to wish cricket all the best and a speedy recovery

Ema and Gingergrrl like this.
  4. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Not for sure yet. We have to go to the vet school for a consult and they don’t even have any openings until Feb.

But there’s some reasonable evidence of PRP and stem cells for healing meniscus tears in people and so we are hoping it will work for Cricket too. She will go do that in a week under sedation at our normal vet and then she will rest strictly (ie no Willow, lol!!) for 8 weeks and then we reassess.

PEMF is used in people and in animals especially horses on the track.

From Dr Pawluk’s site: https://www.drpawluk.com/education/...bnXkhJZ04CS7hjN5PRBF97Ewo7yDFtOsaAuiZEALw_wcB

I’m planning to sleep with it under my bed at night and also use it locally, right on Cricket’s knee. Since she sleeps with me, she will get the benefits of both.

Gingergrrl likes this.
  5. keenly

keenly Senior Member

UK
    Do not bother with PEMF. Ground instead or you could try magnetic mattresses.

See more popular forum discussions.