The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Early-life hygiene-related factors affect risk of CNS demyelination and asthma differentially (free)

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Dolphin, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Free full text: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/cei.12077/full

Simon likes this.
  2. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

I grew up in the country. No reduced microbial burden for me.

3. taniaaust1

taniaaust1

Sth Australia
    I grew up on a farm, handling poopy chicken eggs and other things. I always went shoeless.. I even bit my toe nails as a child as I liked the feel of them in my mouth (haha that sounds so discusting now).

I had all kinds of animals I used to play with, used to also play in the dirt (there was no seats where the bus picked me up for school, so I always sat on ground in the dirt and grass). No reduced microbial burden for me either. If anything, I'd been far more likely to pick something up due to all this (I remember even playing with a tick on a lizard).

I suspect I didnt even wash my hands as a child when I went to the loo (I remember thinking "why wash my hands when Im not going to eat". I did thou always wash them before dinner but that may of been the only time they were washed).

4. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    I was one messy kid lol.

5. Simon

Simon

Monmouth, UK
    Thanks, @Dolphin

CFS was self-reported, with this definition:

Valentijn and Dolphin like this.

See more popular forum discussions.