New Atmosphere, New Vision: Gibson and Whittemore Kick Off Invest in ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry reports on Dr. Gibson's introduction and Dr. Whittemore's keynote speech, at the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Ear Piercing

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Folk, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Folk

Folk Senior Member

When I was younger I got my ears pierced (in the cartilage).

My body reacted to the metal or something leading to an inflamation. That's when I started having neck pain (I always tought it was because I had to sleep in the same side for a month but maybe not...).

A curious thing is that I started having an abdnormal flush on my face and chest (I mean bizarre...) and really fast heartbeat after drinking alcohol. I used a cream on the infection and it got better and I stopped getting the flushes. Then the infection came back right after stopping the medication and the flushes started again. So I took the piercing off.

The neck pains never went away and that was the start of all my pains, wich just increased(back, legs etc) through the years getting to where I'm at now.

After taking the piercing the flushes/heartbeat still happened sometimes when I drank and sometimes it didn't. It had also some conection with getting sun i guess, I could stay like months or even a year without getting them and then get them again. When I drank like three days in a row too much it was most probable it would happen.

Wondered if that piercing triggered something in my body...

PS: Strangely my pain gets like 90% better when I drink...

*GG* likes this.
  2. justy

justy Donate Advocate Demonstrate

U.K
    Hi Folk - Dr Myhill told me to remove my nose piercing as she thought this was contributing to my illness. I haven't removed it (had it for 25 years) and I don't believe it can be having any impact on my health.

Folk likes this.
  3. jann1033

jann1033 Senior Member

Youcan be allergic to the metal. If i wear cheap earrings i get rashes etc. I dont think it would be that widespread but wearing it constantly if you are allergic might eventually cause more problems maybe. I would question if youcould have gotten something from the actual piercing . if you are a heavy drinker i wonder about hepatitis?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    Gondwanaland likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.