• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"e-Patients as journal authors: Sean Ahrens self-experiment published in a major journal"

undiagnosed

Thanks for sharing, I hadn't heard of e-patients.net prior to your post. I think it's oxymoronic that a patient publishes a paper to help other patients and then access is closed off to those that would benefit by the journal. It's just doesn't make any sense, I get the prestige involved with being published in a journal but it's trying to fit in the the old way of doing things that a lot of people are fighting to change. For those interested in reading the paper, you can get it through sci-hub here.

If anyone is interested in the type of subject matter at e-patients.net, you may also be interested in helping out with a paper I am working on. The paper will discuss the ways patients are becoming more empowered via decentralized technologies to fight the oppression that exists in the healthcare system. It will frame the problem in the context of a left-libertarian political philosophy and argue that government intervention in the market results in artificial scarcity of products and services that leads to poorer access and outcomes. Right now, I just have a rough outline with some references I am planning to use. You can see what I currently have at Improving Healthcare Access and Outcomes Using Decentralized Technologies and Applied Agorism. If anyone is interested and has any recommendations for references or anything else, I'd be happy to hear them.